Last updated: 18/05/2022
This Privacy Notice has been developed as a global notice in accordance with applicable data protection law in the countries where we operate. We provide additional information to account for varying legislative provisions in certain countries and will present these to you automatically depending on your global location.
1. WHO WE ARE
We are DAZN Media Services Limited (“we”, “us”, or “our”) – better known as DAZN – and we act as the data controller of your personal information. We are registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO):
- Registration number: ZA188575
- Registered office: DAZN Media Services Limited, 12 Hammersmith Grove, London, W6 7AP, United Kingdom
DAZN's representative in the European Union for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is DAZN DACH GmbH of Münchener Str. 101 Gebäude 24.5 Nord, 85737 Ismaning, Germany.
2. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We receive, store, use and share different types of personal information and other information from and about you for recruitment and hiring. For simplicity, we have grouped these into different types set out below.
Information associated with the creation and management your job application from initial engagement through to employment, including (but not limited to) your name, email address, phone number, location, resume/CV details (including previous work history), expected salary, medical conditions, and pre-employment vetting details (e.g. criminal records checks, previous employment references).
Information about your use, activity and interaction with our systems, including platform navigation, pages viewed, and search queries.
Customer Service information
Information where you choose to interact with our recruitment or customer services teams, including chat conversation transcripts, contact information and detail regarding the reasons for contacting us.
Feedback and Survey information
Information provided where you choose to participate in any surveys, beta tests or have provided other feedback interactivity through our services, including reviews.
Information provided by you about your preferences (where applicable) to receive direct marketing communications, including emails about similar job opportunities.
We also collect, store, use and share aggregated information such as statistical or demographic information. This could be derived from your personal information but is not itself considered personal information. Should this data be combined with any personal identifier, the provisions of this Privacy Notice will apply, and the aggregate data would be treated as personal.
For example, when you apply for a role, we offer you the opportunity to provide sensitive personal information about your gender, race, religion and sexual orientation. Such information is kept separate from your application, is anonymised, and is utilised for supporting our Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI) activities.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
Information you give us
We receive, store, use and share your personal information and information you provide to us when registering interest in a role with one of our recruitment team, applying for a role via our Lever Applicant Tracking System or otherwise engage with our recruitment and customer service teams. Examples of information you may give us include the following categories outlined in Types of Information We Collect: Applicant information, Customer Service information, Marketing information, and Feedback and Survey information.
Information we collect automatically
We may automatically collect and use personal information about your device and your use of, and interactions with, our services. We do this through a variety of technical methods, including the collection of personal information and information via cookies and similar technologies. For more information, please read our Cookie Notice.
Information we receive from other sources
We collect and use personal information about you from other sources and from third parties to the extent permitted by applicable law. We combine and connect the personal information we collect from and about you with personal information we receive from these other sources. Where personal information is transferred to us from third parties, we take steps to verify that these third parties are legally permitted to disclose this information to us.
Examples of information we might receive include personal information and information from other entities within DAZN, third party databases (such as publicly available databases) and other third-party services providers and partners such as:
- Employment service providers and processors (e.g. recruitment agencies, pre-employment vetting suppliers).
- Service providers (e.g. recruitment website providers)
4. PURPOSES AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We, or organisations acting on our behalf, may use your personal information for justified and specified purposes, and in each instance, relying on an applicable lawful basis under applicable data protection law. These bases include:
- Consent: where you have given permission for us to process your personal information for one or more specific purposes.
- Contract: where processing your personal information is necessary for a contract you are about to enter in to or executed with us or have entered in to or executed with us.
- Legal Obligation: where processing your personal information is necessary for us meet our legal and regulatory compliance requirements in the countries where we operate.
- Legitimate Interests: where processing your personal information is necessary for our own or a third parties’ justified legitimate interests, and where your rights and freedoms do not override those interests.
We process your personal information for the following purposes under each lawful basis as set out below.
- To send you specific direct marketing communications.
- To provide special category
- To take steps at your request to enter an employment contract when successful in the recruitment process, including (where appropriate and necessary) the use of automated decision making within volume recruitment activities. You can exercise your right not be subject to automated decision making in Your Rights
- To administer and monitor our services, including notify you about changes or updates to our services and any issues with our services, such as unavailability.
- To provide technical and customer support, including dealing with enquiries and complaints.
- To enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements and otherwise comply with the direction of any relevant regulatory or competent authority.
- To ensure information security of your personal information.
- To retain and store your personal information to comply with specific legal retention requirements, regulatory audits, and other record keeping purposes.
For processing purposes based on our legitimate interests, we have provided the information from our balancing test when assessing whether each processing purpose constitutes ‘necessary’ processing for our own or a third party’s own purposes, to ensure processing does not override your rights and freedoms.
Our processing purpose
Ours or a third party’s legitimate interest
To process your job application via our application tracking system.
Enables us to use your personal information within our recruitment and onboarding processes.
To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate suspected or actual fraud, security breaches and other unlawful or harmful activities.
Protect our business, our services and its users from fraudulent or otherwise unlawful or harmful activities.
To monitor and improve the information security of our services.
Keep our services (including our related intellectual property rights) and your personal information secure and to mitigate the risk of accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, your personal information.
To use data analytics, research, development, testing and analysis to improve and enhance our services, to diagnose and fix problems and develop and test new content, products, services and features.
Keep our services updated and relevant, to optimise user experience, to inform our marketing, advertising and content strategy, and otherwise to develop and grow our business.
To detect abuse of our services.
Protect our business and mitigate the risk of unauthorised use (including piracy).
Protect our business and mitigate the risk of unauthorised use.
For profiling purposes so that we can (subject to any preferences you have expressed (including consent, where required)) build a profile about you and your interests to:
o understand and respect your preferences; and
o understand and analyse candidate trends and patterns, so that we can enhance and improve our job adverts.
Better understand our users and how they use our services, to provide a more personalised and tailored user, to develop and grow our business. More information can be found in our Cookie Notice.
To technically deliver ads and/or content on our services.
For ours and our advertising partners’ legitimate interests to allow you to see and interact with ads on our services.
To market our services - subject to any preferences you have expressed, including consent, where required - delivering direct marketing communications to you via email to inform you about job opportunities which we think might be of interest to you.
Show you more relevant marketing and advertising to better target prospective candidates who have shown an interest in our organisation and to analyse the performance of our marketing communications and advertising. You are free to opt-out of direct marketing communications at any time – see the Direct Marketing section.
5. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We share your personal information and other information as set out below. Where we disclose your personal information to service providers or third parties, we require them to respect the security of your personal information, to treat it in accordance with applicable law, and to use it only for specified and authorised purposes.
We disclose your information to third party service providers authorised by us and acting on our behalf to operate particular functions of our recruitment process, including but not limited to account set up, identity verification and authentication, vetting/background checks, customer support, marketing, advertising, data analysis, market research, beta testing and surveys. We have agreements in place with these third-party service providers to ensure that they keep your information secure: they only process it in accordance with our instructions and as necessary to perform authorised purposes necessary for the relevant part of our services to operate (and for no other purpose).
Third parties with your consent
We will share your personal information with third parties where you have consented to this or otherwise to the extent legally permitted.
We share your personal information to other DAZN entities as required for the purposes of IT and system administration and as set out in the Purposes and Use of Your Information section above,
We share your personal information to our professional advisers and the professional advisers of other DAZN entities including lawyers, bankers, auditors, insurers and accountants.
Business transfers and transactions
In the event of any reorganisation, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets, we will transfer information, including your personal information, provided that the receiving party agrees to treat your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Notice.
In order to detect, investigate and prevent fraud, money laundering and other harmful or unlawful activities, we may disclose your personal information and information to third parties including, but not limited to, any relevant regulator, financial institutions and law enforcement agencies or any other body that deals with the investigation of alleged offences or unlawful activities.
Other lawful reasons
We share your personal information and other information with third parties where we are under a duty to, or reasonably believe we need to, disclose or share your personal information in order to:
- comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal obligation or regulatory/law enforcement authority request;
- protect against harm to the rights of DAZN, its rights holders and/or its users (including related to piracy or the threat of piracy), as permitted by applicable law.
6. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
DAZN is a global organisation, and your personal information may be transferred, stored and processed between any of the countries in which we, our entities or third parties operate for any of the purposes set out above.
For such international transfers we ensure the appropriate safeguarding of your personal information through only transmitting information via transfer mechanisms approved by the applicable data protection laws. Information in relation to mechanisms governing these transfers can be requested via the Contact Us section.
7. RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or to comply with legal, regulatory, or internal policy requirements. For the majority of information we hold, this will be two years from retention event. To determine the appropriate retention periods, we consider:
- the amount, nature and sensitivity of your personal information.
- the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information.
- the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
- the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements for retention.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
Depending on applicable data protection laws, you are able to exercise your rights in respect of your personal information we process:
- To request a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- To request correction or rectification of your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- To request the erasure of your personal information where processing is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
- To request the restriction of processing of your personal information.
- To request transfer of your personal information to another data controller.
- To object to your personal information being used for direct marketing or where the processing is based on our legitimate interests except where we can demonstrate compelling grounds for continuing.
- To withdraw consent where we have asked for your consent to process your personal information; this includes withdrawal of consent from direct marketing communications.
- To not to be subject to decisions made automatically that produce legal effects or significantly affect you. However, our use of profiling and automated decision-making is not considered to produce legal effects or significantly affect you.
To exercise your rights, please see the Contact Us section. We may not be unable to comply with your request based on exceptions that we can rely upon under applicable data protection laws associated with your country of residence. Should this be the case, we would inform you of this when you contact us.
We will acknowledge requests immediately and without delay and will aim to complete your request within one calendar month. Where required we will take reasonable and appropriate steps to verify your identify when making a request, or the authorisation of third parties making a request on your behalf, to comply with applicable data protection laws and ensure the security of your personal information.
9. DIRECT MARKETING
Subject to your preferences (including consent, where required), we collect and use your personal information to send you direct marketing communications about roles and opportunities at DAZN via email. You are free to opt-out of direct marketing communications at any time by via the methods in the Contact Us section with the email subject line ‘Candidate Marketing Opt-Out’.
10. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
We do not knowingly collect and/or share personal information about children and take steps to delete such information without notification should we become aware of such processing. If you are a parent or guardian and have reason to believe that we have collected personal information from or about your child, please contact us via the methods in the Contact Us section.
11. INFORMATION SECURITY
We are committed to protecting your personal information, and to do so we deploy industry-standard physical, technical and organisational security measures in the collection, storage, use and transfer of your information. Whilst no security measures are impenetrable, the controls we apply are designed to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal information.
Should you suspect malicious use of or access to your DAZN account or have received a suspicious email claiming to be from DAZN, please contact us via the methods in the Contact Us section.
12. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We keep this notice under regular review to ensure it reflects how we process your personal information, including changes to our processing purposes, your rights in respect of your personal information, and substantive or material changes to how we process personal information. We may take proactive measures to notify you of any such changes via an appropriate means to ensure you remain informed, such as emails, and website pop ups.
13. Contact us
If you have any questions in respect of this Privacy Notice, about the collection and processing of your personal information, or to exercise your rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the first instance, you can raise an issue regarding your personal information to DAZN’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) via DPO@dazn.com.
If you have contacted us regarding your personal information and are still not satisfied with our response, you have the right to lodge a complaint with our registered supervisory authority, the UK Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
Please visit https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ for the ICO’s current contact details.