I spoke to our recruitment dream team Zoe Mchaffie and Samantha Hannah and asked them give me their top tips for candidates going through the application process.
Zoe: “Interviewing can be very stressful, and it is best to try and be as relaxed as possible.
We are growing so quickly at DAZN that we interview people on such a regular basis that you must never feel embarrassed because the chances are that we have seen and heard it all before!
My top interview tips are:
- Pronounce the name of the company correctly – we have heard it all from spelling out the letters, to Dazane, to saying it phonetically (it’s Dazone)
- Know the name of your interviewers
- Make sure you are on time
- Know the location of the interview e.g. meeting room if it is indicated
- Do your research on the company and be as prepared as possible
- Be yourself
- Be as confident as you can be
- And go for it!”
Samantha: “When I am going to an interview I like to remind myself that it is just a conversation between a couple of people, talking about who you are and what you want to do.
Try not to put too much pressure on yourself because it shouldn’t be too scary.
It’s a bit like dating - when you meet someone there is no point in trying to force yourself to be anything that you are not. You need to make sure that the fit is right for both of you.
So just be the best version of yourself and make sure that that the opportunity is right for you too.”