What's your new role about?
Love sport? Bursting with ideas for fresh, engaging media content to captivate today’s sports consumer? Want to play your part in the launch of a brand-new sports streaming site into our newest South American territory?
As a key player within our growing production team, you’ll help create and produce exciting live and non-live sports programming. Based from our state-of-the-art production facility in Leeds, you will be involved in every stage of the production and broadcasting process. This broad and varied role will include organising pre-production of programme features through to helping producers with filming on location and editing your own sports highlights. You’ll also work on live programmes made from our gallery for flagship matches and events.
You will be a highly motivated individual who is keen to learn, you will need basic technical skills in editing and an awareness of the production process. Your enthusiasm for all things sport will give you a kick-start but we’ll help you with the rest and full training will be provided. As the first person in this role, the career opportunities are endless – the start of an amazing new journey as we help change the game in Brazil.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Assisting Producer in creation of short and long form content
- Assisting Production Manager in co-ordination of shoots and productions
- Working in an edit suite, editing sport highlights
- Preparing, selecting, researching, logging sport matches and shot rushes for broadcast
- Researching and developing creative production ideas
- Researching images and music tracks to be used in broadcast
- Working in a live gallery, helping with scripts and content used during a broadcast
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Fluent in English, Portuguese preferable.
- TV production experience and the ability to recognise an epic story
- Passionate and knowledgeable about sport, especially worldwide football
- Ability to self-cut on non-linear editing tools preferably Adobe Premier
- TV production skills and the ability to recognise a story, and work as a team
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Degree or relevant qualification in Media, Television/Film Production, Journalism
- General knowledge of worldwide sports, including teams and players
- Willingness to work occasionally long and unsociable hours, and weekends