What's your new role about?
This is a fantastic new opportunity to join our diverse and expanding global network support team. As a NOC engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring maximum possible service availability and performance, provision of customer network services on core equipment and supporting Engineering Tech teams. As a NOC Engineer, you must have a solid understanding of Cisco products and processes, be a clear and effective communicator and be able to use initiative to tackle a broad range of problems. However, we don’t expect you to have all the required knowledge as many of the skills can be picked up through experience on the job, including development of network and system administration, particularly with regard to DAZN’s own Architecture and Platforms.
To be successful in this role, you will need a “Can-do” attitude, be a clear communicator and work well as part of a team. The NOC is run on a 24x7 coverage weekly rota, so you must be willing to work shifts.
HERE'S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage and maintain the Solarwinds monitoring systems (these report on the status and performance of DAZN’s network, ISP services and facilities).
- Fault handling and handling escalations through to resolution (including liaising with 3rd party suppliers).
- Maintaining hardware serial audits.
- Management of power usage and link utilization, running H&S/housekeeping checks at DAZN’s POPs.
- Maintenance of Confluence and technical documentation of NOC processes and procedures.
- Support for co-location, customer backup network and ISP services.
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Minimum of 1 year experience within an equivalent technical support role.
- Basic knowledge of the OSI Model, switching and routing technologies.
- Knowledge of Linux Kernel, command line and system diagnostics.
- Basic understanding of Network Monitoring Concepts and management tools.
- Able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
- Able to assess faults, prioritise, respond and escalate accordingly.
IT'D BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- Proven track record within a NOC, IT or ISP environment.
- Previous experience in monitoring tools and protocols (Solarwinds, SNMP).
- Experience configuring internet applications such as Apache, Exim, BIND.
- Strong network diagnostic skills.
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work if you are passionate about technology and want an opportunity to use your creativity to help grow and scale a global range of IT systems, Infrastructure and IT Services. Our cutting edge technology allows us to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience and support a global user base and company infrastructure.
This is an ambitious project with a fast, scalable release cycle. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
We work in small teams and give our people freedom and autonomy when it comes to the work they produce. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a technology community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: http://media.dazn.com