What's your new role about?
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans. Our new Hyderabad tech hub will be the engine that drives us forward to the future. We’re pushing boundaries and doing things no-one has done before. Here, you have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen - to make a difference for our customers. When you join DAZN you will work on projects that impact millions of lives thanks to your critical contributions to our global products
This is the perfect place to work if you are passionate about technology and want an opportunity to use your creativity to help grow and scale a global range of IT systems, Infrastructure and IT Services. Our cutting-edge technology allows us to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience and support a global user base and company infrastructure.
This role will be based in our brand-new Hyderabad office. Join us in India’s beautiful “City of Pearls” and bring your ambition to life.
As a Java Architect at DAZN], you will be responsible for designing and implementing complex, high-performance software solutions that align with our business objectives. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the scalability, security, and efficiency of our software systems. This role is based in Hyderabad and offers an exciting opportunity to lead and influence architectural decisions.
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, and other stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into architectural designs.
- Lead the design and development of enterprise-level Java applications and systems, with a strong focus on AWS cloud services.
- Define coding standards, best practices, and guidelines to ensure software quality and maintainability.
- Evaluate and select appropriate technologies and frameworks to meet project requirements.
- Mentor and guide development teams on best practices, patterns, and architectural decisions.
- Perform code reviews and provide constructive feedback to improve code quality.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and emerging technologies, and evaluate their applicability to our projects.
- Drive the adoption of DevOps practices, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Java Architect with a strong background in designing and building scalable, high-performance Java applications.
- In-depth knowledge of Java, J2EE, and related technologies.
- Proficiency in architectural patterns, design principles, and software development best practices.
- Extensive expertise in AWS cloud services, including but not limited to AWS Lambda, EC2, S3, RDS, and more.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor development teams.
- Adept at working in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So, if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team,you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
DAZN VALUES – THE ‘HOW’ IN WHAT WE DO:
AMBITIOUS – people who want to make a big impact and drive DAZN forward.
INVENTIVE – people with bright ideas who deliver great new experiences for our customers – and improvements for our business. People who come up with better, simpler ways of doing things.
PASSIONATE – people who are proud of our product, our content and our business – and love to shout about it. People who love what they do and show commitment every day.
BRAVE – people who take difficult decisions to help us focus on improving DAZN, our performance and our results.
SUPPORTIVE – people who know that we achieve more as a team than as individuals. People value inclusion and look out for each other, helping their colleagues enjoy their work and develop their careers. People who consider others before making decisions.
At DAZN, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that values equality and diversity, where everyone can contribute and have their voices heard. This means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities.
Everyone has the opportunity to make change and impact our DEI journey by joining our ERGs: Proud@DAZN, Women@DAZN, Disability@DAZN and ParentZone.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.