What's your new role about?
Are you looking for a Lead Data Analyst role that will allow you to use your technical, commercial, and stakeholder and people management skills to influence the growth of a fast moving and ambitious digital media company?
DAZN allows fans to watch their sport, their way, live or on-demand. It is available on a wide range of connected devices, including Smart TVs, personal computers, tablets, smart-phones and games consoles.
As a subscription business we want to engage and retain as many paying customers as possible, while also winning back people who have churned. The CRM team plays a key role achieving these goals, and all of their strategies and campaigns are data driven. The Senior CRM Analyst works closely with the CRM, data science and other data teams to provide them with the data, reporting and analysis they need to optimise their campaigns and maximise return on our CRM investment.
In this role you will deliver regular, accurate and insightful reporting. Such regular performance analysis will slice our data by market, channel (email, push notification, social, display), campaign and customer cohort; incorporating analysis against the size of installed base in market, churn/retention/winback against that installed base, engagement stats, sign up velocity, revenue / ROI and Lifetime Value (LTV) of subscriber.
When you identify new data sets that are needed, you will work with the broader analytics and data community to obtain them. You will utilize the basics of data science (the right technique to answer a specific business question) and will use data tools that are built for you, to suggest avenues of improvement.
You will conduct business case modelling, for example, identifying key sport cohorts by market where we should be positioning our services for potentially high LTV fans. And, using historic data, you will forecast retention and engagement KPIs that will be used to measure improvement and help the company to budget and plan more accurately.
Finally, you will help to deliver a culture change within the wider marketing and CRM teams as DAZN shifts it’s more in the direction of customer retention, engagement and personalisation.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Provide accurate and insightful reporting and analysis on CRM performance
- Be the ‘go to’ data person when the CRM team have questions about commercial performance, customer behaviour or the impact of events and marketing campaigns
- Work with internal and external partners to ensure all relevant data is accurate, up to date and accessible
- Pro-actively provide insights and recommendations based on your data analysis and modelling
- Work with the wider Marketing Analytics team to ensure the business has a joined up understanding of customer engagement, settlement, retention, winback, and the activities that drive them.
- Design tests to measure and improve the effectiveness of our on and off platform CRM activity.
- Work with the Research and Customer Experience teams to build a joined up view of the customer lifecycle.
- Manage a Junior Analyst
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Proven expertise generating insight from large and complex digital data sets
- Advanced user of analytical tools and languages including Tableau, SQL, Dataiku, Snowflake, Google Big Query and Google Analytics
- The ability to communicate insights to a commercial audience and Pro-active stakeholder management skills
- Experience working with CRM data and technologies, including Email, Push, Social and Display.
- An understanding of the importance of measuring incrementality via the use of control groups and statistical modelling.
- Experience managing and developing a junior analyst
- Experience working with CRM, Marketing and Data Science teams
- Basic Data Science experience – e.g. building regression models using R or Python
- Worked with an international subscription and/or digital media business
- Analysed data from a wide range of digital platforms, including mobile apps, SMART TVs, set top boxes and games consoles
- Experience working on Data Science projects
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories. You can subscribe to our global service at www.dazn.com
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.