What's your new role about?
Our Copywriter based out of our Tokyo office will own all our customer-facing written communications for the Japanese market, producing original copy ideas for our marketing and communication campaigns, as well as UX/UI copy that will help build trust in the DAZN product through simplicity, clarity, and aninsider’s knowledge of the culture.
You will also be able to localise existing global messaging, adapting it creatively where necessary to make it relevant to Japanese audiences, while building a brand glossary and style guide that will define our Japan voice as a brand. You will also help proofreading and performing quality control on third-party communication materials, and will serve as an ambassador on best copy practices for other departments and teams.
You will work closely with complex stakeholder groups, presenting and defending your ideas with Designers, Developers, Product Managers; Marketing, Legal, and Commercial teams based in Milan, London, Munich, and New York.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Creative copywriting in Japanese: UX/UI, CRM, Marketing campaigns
- Localisation of existing global communications, as well as proofreading all in-product copy in Japanese
- Tone of voice development and enforcement
- Internal consultancy on best copy practices with other teams
- Regular visits to our global offices
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Creative copywriting skills (3-5 years of experience)
- UX/UI copywriting experience (sign-up flows, web copy, app copy)
- Professional fluency in English, native fluency in Japanese
- Localisation and Creative Translation experience
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- A love for sports and technology
- Experience working for an OTT product
- Experience working in a data-driven environment
- An interest in learning about other cultures while sharing yours
- Social security included (Health care insurance, Employee pension scheme, Employment insurance, Labour personal accident insurance)
- Annual Health Exams
- Annual paid leave of 15 days (pro-rated depending on the start date)
- Relo club employee benefit package – (access to more than 50,000 services such as discounts in sports clubs, leisure facilities and physical exams)
- Company doctor (monthly inspection of office as well as stress check)
- Discount for every drink in office vending machines
- Free subscription on DAZN
- Access to free tickets for every J-league game and occasionally for other sports
- Paid commuting allowance up to 30,000 yen a month
Here's a little more about us…
HERE’S A BIT MORE ABOUT US
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com, Sporting News and Spox.com.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.