What's your new role about?
As the title suggests, this is a senior role which demands production and management expertise in both live event and non-live production. You will be responsible for setting the daily editorial, production and creative vision for boxing programming in North America.
On the live events side you will manage and deploy line producers, a features team and all other production staff that work on the broadcast.
On the non-live side, you will lead a team of content makers, hold planning meetings and efficiently manage resources.
Working with the VP of Live Event and Studio and the EVP of content for North America, you will spearhead development on original boxing programming – taking part in conversations around talent, format and creative vision.
You will be a key liaison between our promotional partners (Matchroom Boxing and Golden Boy Promotions) to ensure a collaborative atmosphere and the DAZN boxing product meets expectations.
One other thing – the ability to embrace data is crucial. There’s significant importance in data led decision making and the embrace of creative workflows that fit into DAZN’s global structure.
Outside of production duties, you will be a necessary representative for internal meetings around sales, PR, marketing and distribution.
You will have the opportunity to shape a new generation of sports fans via a video OTT platform that delivers streaming of sport (live and on demand) to customers around the world. You will be highly motivated with strong editorial standards, and a strong work ethic. You will lead by example and care passionately about the programming you deliver.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Overall leadership for editorial, creative and talent surrounding daily shows and live events
- Communication/coordination with various internal departments
- Main point person internally and externally for conversations around boxing production
- Work with chief editor to analyze data to drive engagement
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Minimum of 10 years relevant management and production industry experience
- impeccable knowledge of the boxing industry, fighters and personalities
- Demonstrable understanding of working with internal stakeholders to deliver complex products
- Significant management experience and leadership qualities
- Significant daily show live production experience and live event production experience combined with unquestionable editorial knowledge and storytelling skills
- Experience overseeing a live complex daily shows and live events and having full accountability for it
- Development of segment concepts
- Budget Management
- You’ll receive up to 15 days of Paid Time Off (from the start), 9 paid holidays, affordable health benefits (dental and vision included), generous sick time package, competitive parental leave, short and long-term disability paid by the company, basic term life insurance and personal accident insurance paid by the company, 401(k) and a flexible work environment.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development program and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.