What's your new role about?
Are you ready to use your engineering and technical skills to be part of building our next generation global broadcast platform for live sports?
Join DAZN’s global engineering team where you will have the opportunity to get involved in and influence our global broadcast systems implementations. Our role is ensure the integrity of the platform while delivering new systems and workflows to evolve the business. As a Media Solutions Engineer you will expected to help design implementation and maintain our broadcast & editing infrastructure while playing an active role in our local clouds systems.
If you share our passion for new and upcoming technologies for live television and are interested in using your skills and knowledge to deliver projects to a high standard, then you will be right at home in our broadcast engineering team!
We are moving towards cloud－based infrastructure utilising AWS.
If this sounds like a challenge you would love to get involved in, then we would love to hear from you!
Being part of a sub－team under Global Broadcast Engineering, working collaboratively with international teams on support and projects is a core part of the role.
In Japan, we work alongside the Operations and Production teams providing support and implementing new workflows.
As our new Media Solutions Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Project leading
Leading the global and local projects
- System support and updates
Provide support to users and systems on an evolving platform
Maintain and update production systems
- Add value
Actively suggest improvements on our local platform
- Documentation and reports
Write supporting documentation around the infrastructure
Write supporting scripts to connect to different systems
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Knowledge and experience with AWS （or other cloud service providers）
- Video encoding ＆ File transcoding systems: AWS Elemental, Vantage, Amberfin
- Experience with container orchestration （Kubernetes , docker－compose）
- Knowledge and experience with Git （branching strategies, repo management, Github Actions）
- Experiencing with Databases / database design （SQL or NoSQL）
- Fluency in English with capability to communicate with HQ, Japanese is a big plus
Even better if you have:
- Experience supporting live broadcast systems, EVS, Evertz Dreamcatcher
- Knowledge of Windows Domain Security and Active Directory
- Experience of IP contribution Mpeg Transport Streams / RTP
- Experience with MVC design patten to enable full stack development
- Experience with Terraform
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.