What's your new role about?
Do you want to facilitate and support a global sports streaming application used by millions of users daily?
DAZN is one of the fasting growing OTT companies in the world and stream over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries
Since we launched in 2016, we have streamed more than 600 million hours of content!
This is a fantastic new opportunity to join our diverse global network support team. As a network support engineer, you will provide 2nd/3rd line support across our worldwide network, delivering technical expertise to the Global Support Teams for incidents, problems, changes, and service requests, while also providing support to the global project team in the successful delivery of new technologies and network developments.
You will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the highest levels of service and availability within our large global network, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) and other data communications systems. You will be expected to have a solid understanding of Cisco and Checkpoint products alongside an in-depth knowledge of routing protocols and VPN’s.
Reporting into the Head of Broadcast Platforms and the Network Support Manager you will join a team based across the UK. Working to support our Data Centres in the South and our Network Operations Centre in the North.
This role is based in either our Office in Feltham or Hammersmith, with a mixture of home working available. The internal job title is Network Engineer and after a period of becoming proficient with our network, will require you to join a rota of On Call engineers providing out of hours support to DAZN.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Network Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Provide Technical expertise to existing support teams, including training and knowledge transfer.
- Aid with the resolution of incidents, problems, and changes within business service level targets.
- Support successful fulfilment of network projects and services requests within agreed timelines.
- Provide operational cover for the 24/7 NOC team, including technical on call cover and active support during key business events.
- Analyse technical needs, requirements, and state of the network’s infrastructure design, integration, and operations.
- Communicate the value of the network to the organisation and support business cases for technology investments and strategic design requests.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Demonstrable knowledge of working within an equivalent 2nd line network support role.
- Strong demonstrable experience in supporting, maintaining, and developing a complex Cisco routing and switching network environment.
- Previous demonstrable experience in supporting and maintaining Checkpoint firewalls.
- Experience configuring and support load balancing technologies within a production network environment (F5, Radware).
Even better if you have:
- CCNP or higher certification.
- Previous experience in development and maintenance of Solarwinds network monitoring solution.
- Previous exposure within a multicast video environment.
- Previous experience in performing physical networking support within a Data Centre environment
- Previous exposure to SD-WAN solutions such as Silverpeak.
- ITIL foundation or higher certification.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.