What's your new role about?
Here at DAZN we are changing the game. We are revolutionizing the way fans are consuming their sports content, bringing them ever closer to the action. Do you have what it takes to change the game?
As an OTT Engineer, you will be developing and delivering a variety of projects and features to the DAZN platform. In this key role, working from signal acquisition to CDN delivery, you will have the opportunity to scope new workflows and make improvements to the existing. You will be key in helping to shape the ever-evolving technology selection and deployments facilitating DAZN’s growth. Your enthusiasm will drive the adoption of best practice across broadcast teams, maximising consistency in this fast-paced business.
What we are looking for is someone who has had experience in developing and delivering highly scalable and highly available solutions in OTT streaming and cloud-based solutions. You will have good exposure to various streaming and encoding technologies, public and private cloud solutions, automation and control applications, and with an appreciation of software development methodologies. In this role you will be picking up relationships with key vendors, internal stakeholders and heavily involved in the project delivery lifecycle as well as in-life solution management.
You would be reporting directly to the Principal Engineer (OTT).
This role will be based in Hammersmith, London. The internal job title is OTT Engineer.
Benefits will depend on your location but will include access to DAZN, an annual performance related bonus, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new OTT Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Identify, action and complete technical improvements across the DAZN OTT platforms
- Act as a key technical conduit between third party technology partners and DAZN stakeholders
- Influence project requirements, drive Engineering acceptance and transitions into Engineering support
- Communicate key changes and information across DAZN
- Understand and report on workflow utilisation statistics, capacity modelling and operational cost forecasting
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Good knowledge of OTT video delivery
- Understanding of Public Cloud e.g. AWS / Azure / Google Cloud
- Knowledge of Encoding and Distribution technologies. i.e. encoders, packagers, video formats, DRM
- Great communicator, tailored for all levels of technical ability and understanding
- A track record of building relationships across multiple teams and seniority levels to deliver a collaborative working environment.
Even better if you have:
- Experience working in Broadcast / OTT / Streaming, particularly in a live / real-time environment
- Video Transport knowledge e.g. Contribution formats and error protection
- Any exposure to VOD, CDN or Ad Insertion
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.