What's your new role about?
Do you want to be a part of the company redefining how sport is enjoyed by fans across the globe?
As our new Software Engineer you will have an opportunity to learn our standard tech stack consisting of AWS services (Fargate, Lambda, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch) but also services we integrate with (Airship as a notification system, Snowflake as a data warehouse). As a team, we make the final decision on the technologies used.
As a team, we work on services that are in the heart of the company’s focus, helping to drive the engagement of our fans on the platform. We are responsible for the backend part of features that allow our clients to search through the available content and then follow their favourite teams whenever they play. The work we do has an immediate effect on the clients' experience, as well as on the business.
This role can be based in Katowice or you can work remotely from anywhere in Poland.
As our new Software Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Develop new and maintain existing backend services
- Deliver high quality, scalable and testable code adhering to the best development methodologies
- Design the architecture for new features together with our architects
- Work to continually improve our development process
- Share experience and good coding practices with other members of the team
- Monitor system performance and resolve potential issues or failures in the production environment
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Have commercial experience working with JS
- Know how to build REST APIs
- Can design a structure of a database (relational and non-relational)
- Feel comfortable working in an environment, where most of the communication happens in English
Even better if you have:
- Worked in a cloud-based environment (preferred AWS)
- Have commercial experience working with Node.js
- Maintained your infrastructure as a code (we use Terraform and CloudFormation)
- Understand how ElasticSearch, Serverless or TypeScript work
Benefits will include:
- Access to DAZN
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Annual leave increasing by 3 days after 3 years
- Private medical and dental insurance (fully financed by DAZN)
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme (Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny)
- MyBenefit platform (MultiSport and thousands of sports, culture or tourism benefits)
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Family-friendly community
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind)
- Learning and development resources
- Access to our internal speaker series and events
- High-end laptops (Macs or Windows)
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.