What's your new role about?
(PLEASE SEND RESUME IN ENGLISH)
Goal’s Brazilian edition is growing and we need great minds that love soccer to join us. We’re looking for an Editor to create, assign and manage editorial that will thrive on Goal’s platforms.
You’ll have a strong understanding of what content soccer fans want to consume, know what our audience wants before they do and how best to present it. You’ll have a proven ability to think on your feet and react rapidly to the news agenda. For this role, being able to plan around the football calendar is essential.
- Optimise existing copy and articles to ensure that they are maximising their potential to attract and engage users in line with Goal’s key business targets.
- Proactively make suggestions regards potential content ideas & concepts that can attract traffic via search engines and continually engage users.
- Undertake industry, competitor and keyword research to identify potential new content ideas and concepts.
- Track real-time traffic, monitor traffic reports, monitor performance of content in accordance to help develop our content offering.
- Assign content to full-time and freelance content producers.
- Ensure commercial and multimedia requests are completed.
- A minimum of five years of journalistic experience, preferably online
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent news sense and journalistic instinct
- High level of football knowledge, particularly across major European leagues
- Outstanding copywriting abilities and attention to detail
- Strong time-management and interpersonal skills
- Brand savvy, audience focused, digital native – passionate and knowledgeable about digital content
- Written and spoken fluent English
- Experience & knowledge of utilizing industry standard keyword research tools, including, but not limited to AHREFs, SEMRUSH and Google Trends.
- Experience using content analysis tools, such as Google Analytics and Chartbeat.
- Department: Editorial Production - Goal.com
- Type: Permanent
- Reports To: Head of Spanish-Portuguese language
- Career Level: CL4
- Location: Sao Paulo – Brazil
- Hours of Work: 40
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com, Sporting News and Spox.com.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.
BRAZIL BENEFITS INCLUDE
For now, we offer market competitive benefits, such as Parking or Transportation vouchers, meal voucher, health, dental and life insurance for you and your legal dependents. We’re also currently working on our benefits package to even more competitive with the market.
You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. Most importantly our great working atmosphere and great office will add up to your experience working with us.