What's your new role about?
DAZN has recently been launched to give consumers the best live sports streaming service in the world. DAZN allows fans to watch their sport, their way, live or on-demand. It is available on a wide range of connected devices, including Smart TVs, personal computers, tablets, smart-phones and game consoles. DAZN's immersive playback experience also allows customers to pause and rewind live matches and watch games in full HD.
In this role you will provide expertise in a new Analytics team based in London, that will be a center of excellence in building analytics solutions supporting business decisions.
Alongside a team of analysts (called Data Consultants), you will deliver insights in a timely manner. Work will consist of a wide range of specialisms supporting functions such as Marketing, Product, Finance, Commercial + Strategy.
Importantly, we expect this role to act as a Player/Coach. As a coach you will support fellow team members through supporting learning. And as a player you will also be expected to deliver/develop data products alongside your team.
In this role you will be challenged to support a wide array of functions leveraging cutting-edge tools + techniques to leverage DAZN’s data.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Responsible for the implementation of Agile Framework, to deliver projects
- Reviewing business requirements and breaking them down into manageable & deliverable tasks
- Delivery of accurate / value / timely insights that support business decisions
- Coaching + Mentoring of UK-based analysts; defining development & career path
- Work with Data Science team to improve data products available to analysts (API’s, Plug-ins & Core Models); enabling analytics team
- Manage communication of key learnings to business stakeholders (i.e. story-telling)
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Excellent knowledge of agile ways of working
- Broad knowledge of analytics across functions preferred (Marketing, Product, Commercial & Research)
- Proven record of identifying and ingesting new data sources to enhance analysis
- Ability to perform data mining, blending large datasets from DAZN (and other Perform divisions) to enhance analysis
- Working knowledge of modelling steps (exploration, feature engineering, supervised & unsupervised learning, model assessment & deployment)
- Strong communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Strong delivery capability – able to get things done, and perform under pressure
- Leadership skills preferred – able to set direction, build capability, and rally people to a cause
- 1-3 years of experience in data modelling, reporting and / or data management
- Experience with tools similar to Alteryx, KNIME, Dataiku or SSIS is preferable
- Confidence with SQL, Python or R, and visualization tools (such as Tableau)
- A minimum of a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in a STEM subject
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Previous history working as a functional data analyst (e.g. Finance or Marketing data analyst)
- A strong interest in Sports, both as a fan and as an industry
- Ability to prioritize and filter out “noise” from critical issues / long term projects and maintain focus on value and reporting
- An adaptable / flexible personality will be critical as priorities and business issues will change
- Department: DAZN - Finance - Data & Insights
- Internal Job Title: Data Consultant
- Reports To (title): Lead Data Consultant
- Career Level: CL2
- Country and Location: São Paulo, BR
- Hours of Work: Mon-Fri (09:00-18:00) (40)
- Line Management Responsibility: No
- Meal Voucher
- Transportation Voucher or Parking
- Life Insurance
- Health and Dental Insurance
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.