What's your new role about?
From the Premier League, NBA, La Liga, NFL, Serie A, WTA, and UFC, DAZN is at the heart of the broadcasting of the World’s major sports. Our revolutionary OTT platform is the only place viewers in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Japan, Canada, Italy, Spain, Brazil and USA can watch some of these major sports. DAZN is changing the world sees sport. And now we want to change the way brands engage with sport fans.
The combined strength of our brands, products, editorial, video content and data-led insights puts us in a unique position in the sports media space to offer brands the ability to target audiences across any platform with focused personalised communications.
We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated individual to oversee all aspects of advertising delivery in EMEA region. Ideally the right candidate has previous experience working in a live broadcast or OTT environment. The core focus of this role is to manage, support and evolve the EMEA Ad Operations team. You will demonstrate a proactive, forward thinking approach to ensure we deliver on all campaigns and projects to the highest standard. The ideal candidate will be proactive, and solutions driven, with excellent communication skills in an entrepreneurial and ever-growing environment
Ideally you will have knowledge and experience working across various systems within Digital Media including: Google (AdManager), Oracle (BlueKai, Moat), Amazon (TAM) , Social Platforms (Twitter & FB)
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Establish team culture, process, platforms that enable local Ad Ops team deliver revenue goals
- Build from ground up new Advanced TV Ad Operations team
- Working in collaboration with Head of Platforms ensure local teams have required tools to deliver their function
- Implement global initiatives lead of SVP, Media Operations at regional level. The most important in coming months will be ad integration across DAZN Advanced TV in Q3 2019
- Deliver key commercial strategies lead by regional SVP and local VP of Media. This covers 360 Publisher in region, regional / local programmatic strategy and cross platform media delivery across DAZN and DAZN+
- Understand regional and local challenges in market and work with local commercial & operations teams to deliver relevant solutions to address needs
- Act as a liaison (on a technical level) between regional commercial teams and DAZN product team
- Facilitating the integration and onboarding of new Programmatic Platforms, Third Party Vendors and Publisher Partners
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Demonstrated leadership through managing teams, projects and commercial initiatives
- Min 5+ years management of Ad Operations team
- Excellent broadcast technical knowledge and ad operational experience
- Able to provide ad tech troubleshooting for multiple OTT platforms and ad technology providers
- Understanding of integration and testing of digital display/video delivery
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- 2-3 years’ digital advertising operations experience (Google Ad Manager/DAI is a plus)
- Comprehension of streaming video technologies – HLS, DASH, SMOOTH, VAST/VPAID, Client and Server-Side DAI
- Experience working for sites who sell/traffic booking for owned and operated and 3rd party represented sites
- Knowledge of Programmatic trading including Private deals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and collaboration skills
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- *Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation
- Department: Media Operations
- Job title: Head of Advertising Operations, EMEA
- Reports To: SVP, Media Operations
- Career Level: CL4
- Location: London, Hammersmith
- Hours of work: Mon - Fri 37.5 hours
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2500 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com, Sporting News and Spox.com.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.
To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com