What's your new role about?
HERE’S SOME INFORMATION FOR YOU?
As the global leader in Sports OTT broadcasting, our product reaches a wide and varied, global customer base. It is important that we build experiences that work globally, but feel local. Sports fans in local markets need an experience that works for them; whether that be tailored language and imagery, the commercial proposition, the way they find or consume content, the devices they can watch DAZN on, or the payment methods they can use to subscribe.
As the Head of Product, Japan at DAZN, you will take overall accountability for the quality and performance of DAZNs Product in Japan. This role has direct management over a small but capable product team who are responsible for monitoring data and customer feedback loops, and conducting competitor and market analysis to identify, design and influence solutions to improve the DAZN customer experience and overall revenue targets in Japan.
You will take the approach to “build global, feel local”, meaning you will align with central Product teams on the strategy to build re-usable compoments that benefit DAZNs global product, objectives and customers in the most significant way. You and your teams will ensure that solutions are scalable globally, but are also relevant and engaging to customers in your local markets. As customer obsessed product managers, you will work to continuously optimise the product to improve customer experience and maximise revenue objectives.
Your team will work closely with central product, tech, localisation and QA teams to ensure that Japan product improvements are appropriately prioritised and delivered successfully.
You will directly lead the technical engagement on key partnerships, working closely alongside our business development teams and central product teams to implement payments integrations, set-top box applications, zero rating and ISP peering. You will own the customer journey for these implementations and will constantly strive for the best possible customer experience. You will be an expert in DAZNs technical capabilities for partnerships, and will help identify and prioritise partnership enabler solutions to help DAZN deliver against its global partnership ambitions.
You and your team will work closely with a range of stakeholders in your region, including the EVP, supporting them with solutions to meet their objectives based on DAZNs existing product capabilities, and new capabilities that will deliver significant value globally.
This is an exciting opportunity to truly influence DAZNs global product and work across DAZN’s entire Product tech stack, on Web, Mobile and Living Room devices, and across the disciplines of Acquisition & Retention, Playback, Content Discovery and Customer Engagement. You will work closely with specialist Product Managers in those disciplines and colleagues in Tech, Customer Services, Marketing, Strategy and Operations to play your part in DAZNs mission to change the way the world sees sport.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?
· Lead a small product management team to identify, define and gain consensus on in-country localisation requirements.
· Work with central product, copywrighting, QA and tech teams to ensure the DAZN product is localised appropriately for Japan
· Work with central product teams to deliver globally scalable solutions that are localised appropriately for customers in your region
· Work with local stakeholders to maximise the value of the existing products capabilities, and identify and design new solutions that deliver global impact
· Set-up and monitor exception and trend reporting and customer feedback loops to identify issues and opportunities with the product and our local customers in Japan – working with central product managers to identify and manage through to completion issues that affect the largest number of customers in the biggest way
· Lead in-region partnership implementation, taking ownership of customer journey design, technical implementation and technical relationship management
· Support central partnerships product managers in designing and prioritising enablers for partnership engagement
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
· Fluent in Japanese and English
· A product leader with experience in digital product management in a relevant industry (e.g. OTT)
· Experience leading teams responsible for localising a product similar to DAZN in Japan
· Experienced with technical implementation of operator partnerships for payments, set-top-box applications and ISP peering, with a strong track record
· Customer obsessed; knows how and where to look for customer feedback, to listen to customers and to ensure Product is optimised accordingly
· Data driven; knows how to set-up reporting, look for patterns in data, and use data to create business cases and prioritise initiatives
· Top notch stakeholder management and communication skills; written and verbal with the ability to influence
· Solution-based & active mindset with a strong bias for action
· Thrives in a fast-paced environment
· Able to prioritise effectively and dynamically and manage consensus
· Able to balance the need to hit deadlines (around the sporting calendar) with the need to develop a sustainable, motivated and long-term thinking product and tech team
· Decent understanding of all parts of the DAZN product and customer experience (acquisition, subscription lifecycle management, playback, discovery and engagement)
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
· Hands-on experience working with development teams; writing user stories and shipping product in an Agile environment (min 3 years)
· Experience with A/B and multi-variate testing
· Ability to speak additional languages
· Experienced in designing product in a high volume, ‘peaky’ environment (e.g. sports)
· We welcome applications from graduates (Bachelor or Master) of a STEM subject, or an equivalent background
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.