What's your new role about?
Before knowing what, you'll be doing...here's who you'll be doing it for.
As part of the DAZN product engineering team, you will play a lead role by designing, building, and supporting the services that power our world-leading streaming service across web, mobile and TV platforms.
For this role, you’ll be working with two engineering areas: the DAZN Operating Tools and Systems (DOTS) and Playback comprising over 100 people.
DOTS creates internal tools and systems for managing and processing editorial data and video metadata for our live and VOD content in DAZN. Playback sits at the end of the chain and responds to requests to play a given event, e.g., checking that a user is authenticated and has the right entitlements.
DOTS is undergoing an exciting and significant transformation project to automate workflows and support a state of the art highly scalable broadcast chain. To deliver this we need more architects to maintain the end-to-end view of our data and support the engineering teams.
Architecture sits across all the teams which are structured as agile teams grouped into themes and the stack includes AWS, NodeJS, ReactJS as well as some older Java-based applications.
25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, flexible working, AWS training and qualifications, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, learning and development budget, benefits include access to DAZN, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind)
Here is what you’ll do:
- Create high-level solution designs
- Collaborate with engineers, product owners and delivery
- Present to stakeholders
- Document the overall domain architecture
- Drive improvements in the architecture and ensure it is fit for the future business roadmap
- Take a lead in the build vs buy decisions
You’ll be setup for success if you have:
- Passion about technology and keeping up to date with the latest tools, patterns, and vendors
- 2+ years’ experience in architecture or a closely related area. e.g., PE type role with a strong solution architecture aspect
- Strong communication skills to ensure everyone understands the architecture and what the intention is
- Good technical documentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment and to work in an agile, iterative fashion
- Understand how to map product requirements into technical, including non-functionals
- Wide range of experience - we work with a variety of tools and languages
- An ability to work independently and take a lead
It would be great if you have the following, but this is not essential:
- AWS skills (Lambdas, Aurora, SQS etc)
- Knowledge of broadcast systems and digital video
- Knowledge of data/metadata supply chains
- Worked in agile environments
- Experience in event-driven systems, workflows, microservices
- Experience in a large company or at least on systems with challenging performance and resilience requirements
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.