What's your new role about?
What’s better than writing code that reaches millions of concurrent users globally? Doing it with millions more in mind. In 2020, we have even bigger expansion plans after successful launches in Germany, Japan, Canada, USA, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Spain & Brazil.
Do you want the creative freedom to make the product something you’re proud to show others? The teams are given the autonomy over the software built and provided and the power to select the right tool for the job to build a modern, scalable and resilient platform.
In return, we expect you to take ownership of the systems you build, and that means:
- You're responsible for the operational health of your services
- You're empowered & encouraged to fix operational issues, i.e. there will be space for improvement work and bug fixes in the sprints
Is your current job allowing you to become better at your craft or just lengthening your years in the industry? Whether it's learning to speak at events, cross-training across the stack, learning to develop tools for other teams or gaining knowledge and ideas from some of the great minds we have here – you’ll always be getting better at DAZN.
THE ESSENTIALS FOR YOU!
Location: Hammersmith (2 mins from the tube)
Industry: Live Streaming Service
IT department size: 200+
Team size: 5-8
A BIT ABOUT THE TEAM:
Teams are typically made up of around 5-6 Engineers, a Product Manager, Scrum Master, and an Engineering manager. Our team is a group from various and diverse backgrounds, we don’t have any hierarchy within the teams as everyone brings something different and has different experiences and knowledge. The team you will be joining is currently transitioning to be a Fullstack delivery team so we can own our features across the board, we do need more backend experience within the team but ideally, you also want to get involved in the front end as well!
WHAT'S MY DAY TO DAY LIKE?
You would be picking items up from the backlog and working on them usually in for form of pair programming, you're responsible for making sure the tasks achieve the acceptance criteria and the rest of the team's Definition of Done. Currently, most of the work would be mainly backend tasks using Node.js (but you don’t have to be a Node.js expert as all JS experience is relevant) but once we transition the team to be Fullstack the Frontend work is based around React. Often tasks will also need some AWS experience as that’s where we host all our microservices.
The systems you will work on a high volume and highly performant so any experience around highly scalable and high performing microservices would be advantageous.
You are responsible for building services from scratch all the way to releasing and supporting in production, we take a DevOps approach to how we deliver.
Aside from the day to day work you'll be part of refinement, planning retros and helping both your team and DAZN as a whole be a great place to work, our culture is very important to us and we want everyone to help define and drive it.
Don’t have an up to date CV? That’s cool with us, send over what you have and we can sort that out together!
TO MAKE AN IMPACT IN THESE TEAMS, YOU WILL HAVE AT LEAST THREE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Node.JS (but other JS experience is fine)
- AWS Experience – preferably Lambda
- Ability to write tests
- Worked at Scale
- Build and maintain scalable microservices
- Experience in building cloud-hosted services
- Experience on cross-platform development, preferably on smart TV and consoles.
- Experience with infrastructure and deployment automation
- Worked on large scale web applications
- Familiar with build automation, TDD and continuous integration.
- Object-oriented design, design patterns , and extreme programming.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.