What's your new role about?
Are you looking to take the next step in your Data Engineering career? Are you fascinated by data and interested in the opportunity to develop new and innovative ways it can be used? Join DAZN’s growing Enterprise Data Management team to take technical ownership in transforming the way DAZN uses data for our global sports streaming platform.
As a Senior Data Engineer at DAZN, you will support the on-going technical delivery of DAZN’s sports streaming service and play a key role in mentoring junior engineers in delivering reliable, timely, and consumable data for operational use and downstream analytics housed within DAZN’s Data Warehouse.
In your varied role, you will work with high quality data across multiple sources and platforms and gain broad knowledge of cloud-based database design principles, and the system development life cycle.
This is a great opportunity to build innovative products from scratch by using the latest cutting edge Data technology. If this sounds like the perfect next challenge for you then we would love to hear from you!
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining new and existing ETL pipelines.
- Responsible for personal and overall team code quality with emphasis on OOP and Unit Testing
- Assisting with best practises for development and deployment – packaging, CI / CD, Gitflow
- Improve the performance of our Snowflake data warehouse.
- Continuous improvement of overall performance of the whole data pipeline and technology stack
- Engaging in design sessions to build new data products for the platform
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Expertise in Python including unit testing
- Strong experience using AWS – S3, Athena, Batch, Lambda, SQS, Kinesis
- Experience in OOP design principles
- Comfortable in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows
- Experience with any Cloud Datawarehouse (e.g Redshift/Snowflake) and SQL
- Understanding of CI/CD (Cloudformation, Terraform, Drone, Jenkins…)
- Strong knowledge of API technologies
- Understanding data architecture design patterns – real time, batch workflows and data modelling
- Mentoring Junior Engineers – e.g code reviews / technical workshops / pair programming
- A Team Player – approachable and flexible
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLES TOO
- Data streaming experience e.g kinesis, Kafka…
- Monitoring e.g AWS CloudWatch, Datadog, New Relic...
- Microservices concepts e.g Docker
- Experience of database design and best practices
- Previous experience working with a Workflow management tool e.g Airflow, Azkaban, Luigi...
- Visualisation tools e.g Looker, Tableau…
- Understanding of Machine Learning and Data Insights
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work if you are passionate about technology and want an opportunity to use your creativity to help grow and scale a global range of IT systems, Infrastructure and IT Services. Our cutting edge technology allows us to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience and support a global user base and company infrastructure.
This is an ambitious project with a fast, scalable release cycle. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
We work in small teams and give our people freedom and autonomy when it comes to the work they produce. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a technology community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: http://media.dazn.com