What's your new role about?
Are you looking to take the next step in your Data Engineering career and interested in the chance to build a data platform for a growing streaming service? If you are intrigued by data and interested in the opportunity to develop new and innovative ways Data can be used then DAZN’s growing Enterprise Data Management team could be a great next step for you. Here, you will take technical ownership and put your Engineering skills to use in transforming the way DAZN uses data for our global sports streaming platform.
As a Senior Data Engineer in DAZN's Data Engineering team, you will support the on-going technical delivery of DAZN’s sports streaming service and play a key role in mentoring junior engineers in delivering reliable, timely, and consumable data for operational use and downstream analytics housed within DAZN’s Data Warehouse.
In your varied role, you will work with high quality data across multiple sources and platforms and gain broad knowledge of cloud-based database design principles, and the system development life cycle.
This is a great opportunity to build innovative products from scratch by using the latest cutting edge Data technology. If this sounds like the perfect next challenge for you then we would love to hear from you!
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining the Data Platform
- Responsible for personal and overall team code quality with emphasis on OOP and Unit Testing
- Assisting with best practises for development and deployment – packaging, CI / CD, Gitflow
- Continuous performance improvement of the whole data pipeline and technology stack
- Engaging in design sessions to build new data products for the platform
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Expertise in Python including unit testing
- Strong experience using AWS including infra as code e.g Cloudformation, Terraform
- Experience in OOP design principles
- Experience of CI/CD (Drone, Jenkins)
- Strong knowledge of API technologies
- Understanding Cloud architecture design patterns – real time, batch workflows and data modelling
- Experience with any Cloud Datawarehouse (e.g Redshift/Snowflake) and SQL
- Mentoring Junior Engineers – e.g code reviews / technical workshops / pair programming
- A Team Player – approachable and flexible
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLES TOO
- Data streaming experience e.g kinesis, Kafka…
- Comfortable in designing efficient and robust ETL batch workflows
- Monitoring e.g AWS CloudWatch, Datadog, New Relic...
- Microservices - Docker
- Experience of database design and best practices
- Previous experience working with a Workflow management tool e.g Airflow, Azkaban, Luigi...
- Visualisation tools e.g Looker, Tableau…
- Understanding of Machine Learning and Data Insights
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.