What's your new role about?
In this role based in Amsterdam, you’ll use your engineering skills to support our growing Applied Machine Learning team to prototype, build and deploy machine learning products that will directly impact the user experience.
In this role you will work closely with data scientists, architects and developers to deliver machine learning products into the DAZN ecosystem. You’ll have the chance to design and develop innovative solutions that are able to scale with DAZN’s rapidly growing platform. As a member of the applied machine learning team you will be exposed to every element of the pipeline, helping you become an end to end machine learning practitioner.
Obviously, you’ll find cutting edge technology here too. AWS is our cloud service provider of choice and we use a range of services and resources such as Kinesis, Lambda and Sagemaker to ingest and process data and train our models. The team primarily works in Python and Scala and we’re keen to keep on top of the latest developments in the area both from open source projects and academic research meaning you’ll constantly get opportunities to develop your expertise.
Get in touch if you’re passionate about delivering innovative solutions, keen to apply your experience and develop your understanding of end-to-end machine learning systems.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Delivering projects in an agile, scrum-based environment.
- Work closely with data scientists to promote models into functioning systems.
- Deliver high quality code.
- Design and maintain cloud systems using infrastructure as code tools.
- Guide and mentor more junior colleagues locally while being the most senior on site reporting into a lead London
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Advanced experience with software / data engineering in Python.
- Experience with version control tools and workflows (Git etc.).
- Strong understanding of cloud architecture, the services that are offered and how they can be used to facilitate our systems (prefer AWS).
- Understanding of machine learning principles and a desire to work on ML projects.
- You need to have a solution-based mindset, with ability to experiment and iterate.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Previous experience working on data science projects.
- Applied modelling techniques such as supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning (particularly with graph-based frameworks such as pyTorch and Tensorflow).
- Certifications relating to cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with Infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Drone etc.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.