What's your new role about?
As an executive producer, you will be overseeing our European(Overseas) Soccer programming team. With a love for Soccer and passion around leagues like EPL, La Liga, Ligue 1, Serie A and also Champions League, Europa League, and many Cup tournaments, you’ll be responsible for all Live, On-demand, Highlights and Original programming and leading a team of 10 people. Your knowledge of Soccer, combined with a creative eye from a background in TV production, technical acumen, strategic leadership and fluent language skills (Japanese and English) will put you in excellent stead to lead and encourage our sports programming team to create awesome content to stream out to our Japanese sports fans. You’ll have the chance to nurture and promote a high-performing, collaborative and positive environment at our new production facility in Daimon as well as working with the commercial, marketing, publishing and social teams to ensure our content is standout and relevant to our customers. Not only this, you’ll have the opportunity to travel to other worldwide DAZN locations and work with some of the best global talent in the sports media industry.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop the weekly, monthly, and seasonal multisport content output plan
- Oversee, with the assistance of the Euro Soccer producers, the production of live events, match highlights, features, interviews, documentaries, and weekly magazines
- Manage the creation and production of content for on and off platform marketing and promotion
- Track production budget and provide monthly budget reporting
- Establish and uphold DAZN production values across all output
- Supervise the booking and scheduling of commentators an d talent
- Maintain communication with internal stakeholders to ensure smooth production and delivery
- People management of the Euro Soccer team, including rotas, holiday, contracts and HR issues
- Train, develop and coach your team
- Work closely with the Head of Programming to oversee the smart utilization of global resources and identification of potential synergies across wider production business
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Senior level experience in a live TV production environment
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- First rate knowledge of and interest in sport both locally and globally
- Understanding of broadcast technology and workflows
- Commercial acumen and cost management
- Deep knowledge of the sports media industry
- Significant leadership experience, supported by demonstrated track record of management in a growing business
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- A thorough understanding of the production surrounding world fee ds for sport
- A good understanding of the technical processes involved in live sports broadcasting and program production (short and long form)
- Understanding of content production for OTT distribution
- Understanding of content management systems and delivery of media
- Social security included (Health care insurance, Employee pension scheme, Employment insurance, Labour personal accident insurance)
- Annual Health Exams
- Annual paid leave of 15 days (pro-rated depending on the start date)
- Sick leave up to 7 days pa
- Defined Contribution plan
- Relo club employee benefit package - (access to more than 50,000 services such as discounts in sports clubs, leisure facilities and physical exams)
- Company doctor (monthly inspection of office as well as stress check)
- Discount for every drink in office vending machines
- Free subscription on DAZN
- Access to free tickets for every J-league game and occasionally for other sports
- Paid commuting allowance up to 30,000 yen a month
Here's a little more about us…
HERE’S A BIT MORE ABOUT US
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com, Sporting News and Spox.com.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.