What's your new role about?
Do you know and love sports? How about being involved at the very beginning with the launch and scale up of a sports media business in our newest territory?
We’re in Brazil!... and this newly created role will allow you to play a key role in the leadership team. As the Activation Manager for DAZN Brazil, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the business maximises the value of our relationship with clubs and other sports institutions.
Working closely with the VP of Marketing and our partners in the region, you will lead the identification, design and execution of marketing opportunities that will drive DAZN’s key subscription and content engagement KPIs. With your team and the supporting functions at DAZN HQ in London, you will act as a regular point of contact between DAZN and partners in the country. You will develop an expert understanding of the partners’ communities that engage with DAZN content and will seek to own DAZN’s relationships with the key influencers and channels within these groups. Leveraging these relationships, you will seek out opportunities in an entrepreneurial fashion, working collaboratively with other functions in the business to deliver on these opportunities to maximum effect. You will be an active voice in the design and planning of marketing campaigns, ensuring that a 360° approach is applied to all planned spend and activity, and to ensure that activation output amplifies our key messaging. You will report to local and central management through a strategic lens, and you will conduct robust and honest post-campaign analysis, critically evaluating where improvements can be made within your team to enhance results.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Assist in the design of Activation Strategy and Roadmap.
- End-to-end management of partners’ activation opportunities, from identification, to planning and execution
- Own marketing relationships with key partners in Brazil
- Maintain close working relationships with fan community group contacts to identify new activation opportunities and scope successful execution
- Driving clear and effective communication amongst your team and between internal teams
- Preparation of regular and ad hoc reporting for management and partners
- Work with Marketing team leads to tailor DAZN’s content-focussed campaigns and implement high-quality activation strategies
- Personnel management of 2-3 person activation team
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- 7+ years’ experience in a content activation and/or marketing environment, preferably in sports, music, entertainment or broadcast industries.
- Strong interest and understanding of the sports, broadcast and new media landscapes.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced growth environment.
- Experience building and pitching business strategies.
- Proven personnel, team and project management experience.
- Self-starter attitude with strong willingness and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written – in Portuguese (native) and English (business fluent).
- Willingness to travel regularly and internationally.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO
- Good contacts among sports industry
- Proven management and organisational skills – training, motivational and people skills
- A keen interest (preferably, understanding) of the sports and entertainment sectors and demonstrable understanding of the sports sponsorship landscape
- Department: DAZN
- Internal Job Title: Activation Manager, Brazil
- Reports To (title): VP of Marketing
- Career Level: CL3
- Country and Location: São Paulo, Brazil
- Hours of Work: 40
- Line Management Responsibility: yes
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 3000 permanent employees and a unique product live in five territories, with more on the horizon.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and with expertise from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is available in Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Austria US, Canada and Japan on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles. We’ll be launching in Spain early 2019.
BRAZIL BENEFITS INCLUDE…
For now, we offer market competitive benefits, such as Parking or Transportation vouchers, meal voucher, health, dental and life insurance for you and your legal dependents. We’re also currently working on our benefits package to even more competitive with the market.
You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. Most importantly our great working atmosphere and great office will add up to your experience working with us.