What's your new role about?
Do you want to have an impact on a product that is used by millions of users across multiple devices on a daily basis?
DAZN streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues in 9 markets including Germany, Italy, Japan, Canada, USA, Spain and Brazil (more to come). Since we launched 2 years ago we have streamed more than 300 million hours of content!
We are looking for an experienced Front End Engineer who is passionate about building modern, scalable web applications.
HERE’S WHAT YOU WILL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Collaborate with Designers, Product Managers, and other Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Deliver maintainable, robust and testable code
- Share knowledge and collaborate with other developers across the business
YOU’VE GOT TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO DO YOUR JOB WELL...
- At least one year of commercial experience as a Front End Engineer
- Ability to effectively communicate technical ideas to others
- Track record of successful software delivery through all phases of development, code reviews, testing, and operations
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE TOO...
- Experience in cross-platform development on smart TVs, connected devices and consoles
- Experience in Brightscript programming language
- Worked on large scale front end web applications
- Experience in an Agile software development
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development.
- We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- Benefits also include medical insurance, group insurance, Multisport card and flexible working arrangements.
- We have a break room with PlayStation, table soccer, ping-pong table and massage chair.
- You can also enjoy breakfast and fruits throughout the week.
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work for passionate and creative engineers. We use a very modern tech stack to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. The architecture of DAZN is based on Micro Frontends and unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that has scalability not only from a user point of view but also from a developer perspective. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
Our engineers work in small teams and are given freedom and autonomy when it comes to the code that they write. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: https://engineering.dazn.com/