What's your new role about?
Like the thought of making better business decisions using data? Of exploring data to build useful data products? Do you If you have a new idea or can think of a better way to do something, you can do that here!
If you want to implement your data ideas and strategies within a state-of-the-art data environment, this might be the perfect role for you.
With your background in data analytics or cloud-based data warehousing (DWH) and your love for tech & sports, you will get the chance to bring data solutions to life; providing DAZN with valuable insight. As DAZN is a truly data driven environment, the Business Intelligence Team is at the heart of every decision made within the business. Meaning that on a frequent basis you will be liaising with senior stakeholders around the world and will make suggestions as to how we develop data and its use in the future. You’ll naturally be confident with the development of data frameworks to deliver business value: from KPIs definition to report building; from ideation and prioritising to completing analysis.
To give you an idea of what we mean by a state-of-art data environment: we operate within a Snowflake Data Warehouse, using Dataiku as an ETL tool to clean, enrich and prepare data to then be surfaced to the business via Tableau and Looker.
You will be supporting our Delivery and Development function who focuses on operational successes, supporting teams such as broadcast delivery, customer service, playout and incident management.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Working with executive and senior business stakeholders to prioritise what needs to be monitored, analysed and answered.
- Organising a multitude of requests into a sensible work-plan
- Lead the thinking in how best to deliver insight
- Wrangling data using our ETL tool, Dataiku (a collaborative data science software platform) and SQL to build stable data sets
- Developing Tableau and Looker datasets / visualisation to support the business with their decision making
- Working with different functions to develop KPIs and integrate them into our work stream and being a focal point for data within DAZN
- Support the production of corporate reports that are essential for our executives in making critical business decisions
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Confident and experienced in working with board level & senior management, to establish project priorities and plans for analytical reporting projects
- At least three to five years of practical, hands-on, experience working with data – as an analyst or as a consultant.
- Strong experience in data transformation / data wrangling using SQL and ETL tools such as Alteryx, DSS or Knime.
- Desire to test the status quo and innovate
- Experience working with business stakeholders to understand requirements, translating that into data products and delivering those in a timely manner
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- A degree in a STEM subject, or related
- A strong interest in sports and technology
- Enjoy working in an agile and fast paced environment
- Department: Revenue Management
- Internal Job Title: Delivery & Development Lead BI Analyst
- Reports to: SVP Data Science & Analytics
- Career Level: CL4
- Location: London (Hammersmith)
- Hours of work: Mon – Fri 37.5 hours
- Line Management Responsibility: No
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE...
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years)
- Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*
- Life Assurance (4x annual salary)
- Matching pension contributions up to 5%
- Travel Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme and more.
- You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries.
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories.
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles.
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.