What's your new role about?
Do you love sport, 24/7, anytime, anyplace, anywhere? How would you like to be part of leading our new 24x7 1st line support team who acts as a single point of contact technical monitoring and triage team in a new state-of the art support centre focussed on incident prevention, impact analysis and lightening quick incident notifications?
We are looking for a talented Team leader to join our growing team to build a world class DAZN support centre. A key focus of this role is to manage the 5-6 support specialists and the quality of the work produced. This is a hands-on role so the chosen candidate will be expected to step in and be point of escalation for technical issues. Global Live Operations is going through significant change and the successful candidate will need to have extensive knowledge of managing a technical support desk.
We’re a dynamic, evolving ‘live’ environment where things can be hectic at times but what a rewarding feeling it is when you are at the reins of transmitting seamless major sporting events across the globe! We are proud of our vibrant team at the helm of the Global Live operations arm of the business. So, if you’re also a bit of a chameleon who enjoys adapting to changing business needs, cultures, conditions and work responsibilities, then this could be the role for you!
Due to our live sports schedule, this is a shift-based role so working hours are very flexible including nights, weekends, national and public holidays. Other benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
HERE'S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU'LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Line Managing the 1st line team of 5-6 support specialists and being their escalation point for technical issues
- Champion written procedures, make sure support desk staff follow procedures
- Create processes, runbooks and procedures that optimise dazn support centre team, documenting these in the knowledge base
- Understanding of good management practice and experience of managing teams to deliver high standards of work
- A track record of managing performance and coaching others. Experience of carrying out appraisals, performance reviews, delivering feedback, running meetings and having constructive conversations with team members.
- A sound understanding of the technology, monitoring tools used in OTT broadcasting environments
- Demonstrable understanding of the pressures and demands of a fast-moving broadcast environment.
- Being the point of contact for the team when necessary
- Mentoring and supporting colleagues on shift .
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Managing application support/monitoring teams
- Experience using AWS cloud-based platforms specially Cloud watch , ECS, Lambda etc
- Hands on experience in working with monitoring tools like Check_Mk or Nagios or New Relic or ELK or Pager Duty or Logz.io or similar
- Possess clarity of thought, agility & attention to detail to be ahead of the game through proactivity, driving best practice and incredibly responsive capabilities to give our customers the best customer experience; and internal stakeholders the confidence our service is being managed correctly
- Possess exceptional communication skills to ensure our incident communications are clear and timely to our executives
- Exceptional OTT monitoring expertise: to include Conviva, New Relic, ServiceNow. As well as Live and VoD, possess strong capabilities in operations covering Sign Up, Sign In, Payments, My Account, Pause and Cease
- Knowledge of KPIs that indicate performance and customer experience (eg re-buffering, video playback failures, video-start failures, capacity monitoring)
- Strong knowledge of OTT, devices, browsers, living room, mobile, web, CDNs, Platforms, E2E Architecture, Applications
- Ability to determine precise customer impacts on our incidents through analysis of CS, social, error codes, playback failures etc
- Confidence to make critical business decisions in near-real-time to recover service and lead the resolution teams
- Ability to lead and balance multiple concurrent activities when incident occur, to drive performance to ensure communication, escalation, triage and reporting are all done within minutes of key incidents occurring
- Clarity to build, follow and update run-books.
- Responsiveness and drive to get the above done in near real-time.
- Inspire the confidence of our senior executives, who take a very keen interest in any incident
- Experience of writing basic SQL queries
- Experience of using service management ticketing tools like Service Now
- Knowledge on Network Troubleshooting and analysis including Firewalls, load balancers
- Have a fair understanding of web technologies and distributed web applications using variety of languages like Node Js etc .
- Articulate & possess Excellent written and verbal communication skills .
- Ability to work under pressure and multitasking.
- A good team player able to work well within and motivate a team to deliver targets.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Familiarity with Jira / Confluence
- Experience working in a global organisation
- ITIL V3 Foundation certificate (or equivalent)
- Experience working in a live sports environment
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories. You can subscribe to our global service at www.dazn.com
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.