What's your new role about?
Do you want to have an impact on a product that is used by millions of users across multiple devices on a daily basis?
DAZN is one of the fastest-growing streaming media services (OTT - Over The Top) companies in the world and streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries. Since we launched in 2016, we have streamed more than 600 million hours of content!
Build it, Own it Philosophy
We give you autonomy over the software you build and offer you the freedom to choose the right tool for the job. In return, we expect you to take ownership of the systems you build, and that means:
-You're responsible for the operational health of your services
-You're empowered & encouraged to fix operational issues, i.e. there will be space for improvement work and bug fixes in the sprints
We are looking for Backend Engineers who are passionate about building a modern, scalable and resilient platform.
We are using a microservices architecture and everything is hosted in AWS. We use a combination of both containers as well as serverless, and many managed AWS services including DynamoDB, API Gateway, ECS, Lambda and much more.
Here's what you will do (not all of it, just the important stuff!)
- Build and maintain scalable microservices
- Collaborate with Product Managers, and other Software Engineers to deliver a compelling user experience
- Deliver maintainable, robust, and testable code
- Share knowledge and collaborate with other developers across the business
You've got to have these essentials to do your job well...
- Experience in building microservices in AWS
- Experience with Node.js
- Ability to effectively communicate technical ideas to others
- Ability to write testable software
- Track record of successful software delivery through all phases of development, code reviews, testing, and operations
It would be great if you had these desirable skills/experience too...
- Experience with other cloud platforms (e.g. Azure, Google Cloud Platform etc.)
- Experience with infrastructure and deployment automation
- Familiar with or exposed to Typescript
- Experience in supporting or being on-call for services
Here's a little more about us…
Perks, benefits etc.
● High-End Laptops (Mac or PC)
● Charity events
● Access to DAZN
● Hosted meetups
● Budget to attend events & conferences
● Free Access to Safari Books online
● Well-being Classes and Resources
● Social Events
● Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
● Retirement/Pension Plan
● Life & Disability Coverage
Take a peek at your future colleagues (link to a profile and brief description)
● Andrea Falzetti
● Simon Tabor
Take a peek at what we published to understand how we work
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.