What's your new role about?
As Senior Technical Product Manager for Broadcast you will drive the vision, definition, and optimisation of the products that power our media supply chain. You will build and own product roadmaps across our end-to-end broadcast technology pipeline to build new capabilities and continuously improve performance around new features, formats, orchestration, automation, and cloud transition.
You will be highly analytical, creative, resourceful, and customer-focused, with proven track record in taking end-to-end product ownership and successfully shipping new features and capabilities to improve performance, drive greater value for the customers and remain market fit for the future.
You will collaborate with Engineering, Architecture, Operations, Production, Advertising, Customer Services, Finance, Marketing, Transformation, Delivery, Business Analysts and other Product Managers across the global business to define and prioritise a product roadmap for Broadcast technology.
You will be working on a global product that impacts millions of customers every week with the opportunity to shape the next generation customer experience, as key player in the technical product team within the Engineering division. You will define, prioritise, communicate, ship and iterate in an agile, customer centric and data driven environment.
In this varied role, you will have the opportunity to not only grow your strategic product leadership skills but also play a pivotal and hands-on role on the technology definition, research and roll-out as our product evolves.
This role will be based in one of our core markets in Leeds, Madrid, or Munich. You will be working with internal and external development teams globally and there may be a requirement to travel to visit teams and suppliers.
AS A SENIOR TECHNICAL PRODUCT MANAGER FOR BROADCAST YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Define product vision, goals, strategy, OKRs and KPIs to optimise and transform the media supply chain across all broadcast platforms, including production tools.
- Collaborate closely with technical leadership and a wide range of partners to identify opportunities and solve problems for our customers and the business, focusing on the areas of greatest value features and capabilities.
- Define requirements by understanding and prioritising customer, end-user and business stakeholder needs to develop a backlog of product outcomes and features that is aligned to horizons and business strategy.
- Build, document and maintain detailed product requirement documents, epics and user stories within a managed backlog according to Agile best practices. Create hypothesis and test cases to define viability and inform engineering, architecture, product development and QA.
- Manage the product backlog as well as the roadmap priorities of engineering, architecture and third-party partners to ship effective and timely solutions, while balancing technical dependencies, resourcing and other constraints.
- Productise orchestration and automation goals, while supporting operational stability across live and non-live platforms.
- Iterate continuously on feature and functional enhancements, analysing product performance, customer feedback and the wider market to identify opportunities and areas of innovation that drive real value for business.
- Prioritise bug fixes and new features that respond to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Partner with other product managers to align user experience to deliver cross-platform features and capabilities.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Evidence of extensive product management experience in broadcast media or streaming technology domain.
- Leading the product lifecycle from vision and hypothesis through to definition, business case, delivery, evaluation, and iteration.
- Defining roadmap, product goals, features, epics, user stories and acceptance criteria for backlog management, driving technical and delivery teams to take customer-facing products from ideation through to launch and optimisation.
- Innovator by nature, ensuring customer-centricity at the heart of every solution, proactively finding opportunities to create better experiences for the customers and increase business value.
- Strong requirement definition skills, with experience in working directly with non-technical stakeholders to understand their needs, and the ability to explain rationale and technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with technical internal teams and external partners.
- Confident in stakeholder management with influencing skills that challenge status-quo and established thinking and approach.
- Ability to quickly identify, manage and resolve sophisticated problems to independently drive forward initiatives.
- Be a collaborator above all things, with excellent communications skills and demonstrable experience of engaging decision-makers and development teams within a large organisation, across global markets.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLES TOO
- Experience working with a global and distributed team
- Experience working in production
- An interest in sport
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So, if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team,you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
DAZN VALUES – THE ‘HOW’ IN WHAT WE DO:
AMBITIOUS – people who want to make a big impact and drive DAZN forward. People who move fast and make success happen.
INVENTIVE – people with bright ideas who deliver great new experiences for our customers – and improvements for our business. People who come up with better, simpler ways of doing things.
PASSIONATE – people who are proud of our product, out content and our business – and love to shout about it. People who love what they do and show commitment every day.
BRAVE – people who take difficult decisions to help us focus on improving DAZN, our performance and our results. People who will take on challenges no matter what is in front of them.
SUPPORTIVE – people who know that we achieve more as a team than as individuals. People value inclusion and look out for each other, helping their colleagues enjoy their work and develop their careers. People who consider others before making decisions.
At DAZN, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that values equality and diversity, where everyone can contribute and have their voices heard. This means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities.
Everyone has the opportunity to make change and impact our DEI journey by joining our ERGs: Proud@DAZN, Women@DAZN, Disability@DAZN and ParentZone.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.