What's your new role about?
Do you want to have an impact on a product that is used by millions of users across multiple devices on a daily basis?
DAZN streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues in 9 markets including Germany, Italy, Japan, Canada, USA, Spain and Brazil (more to come). Since we launched 2 years ago we have streamed more than 300 million hours of content!
We are looking for experienced Frontend Engineers who are passionate about building modern, scalable web applications.
We are using a Microfrontends architecture and our current tech stack includes React, RxJS, MobX, Webpack and much more.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Deliver high quality, robust and testable code adhering to internal engineering procedures, code conventions and development methodologies
- Contribute to comprehensive documentation that supports the development and support lifecycles
- Work to continually improve software deployment to ensure iterative releases and rapid deployment of updates to our customers across all platforms
- Mentoring and supporting other developers with their day-to-day work
- Monitor system performance and resolve any issues or failures in staging or production environments
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS
- Experience in software development and delivery (through all phases of product life-cycle)
- Experience in delivery software on the enterprise scale
- Back end experience (knowledge of Node.js, .NET, C#, Java, PHP, Python or other programming languages)
- At least intermediate knowledge of English (B1)
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience in cross-platform development (preferred on TV / STB / Gaming consoles)
- Experience in the development of a high-profile digital video service
- Experience with Test-driven development
- Experience with cloud computing services and distributed applications (AWS / Azure)
- Familiar with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration systems
- Experience in an Agile software development
THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY...
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (Learning Zone) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development,
- We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme,
- Benefits also include medical insurance, group insurance, Multisport card and flexible working arrangements,
- We have a break room with PlayStation, table soccer, ping-pong table and massage chair,
- You can also enjoy breakfast and fruits throughout the week.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries
- Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the United States
- In 2020, we will dramatically increase our presence, expanding to more than 200 countries and territories.
- Guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- Work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality, diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities.