What's your new role about?
Do you want to have an impact on a product that is used by millions of users across multiple devices on a daily basis?
DAZN streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues in various markets including Germany, Italy, Japan, Canada, USA, Spain and Brazil (plus many more!).
We make learning a fundamental part of the job. Our software engineers continually share their expertise with their colleagues and the wider industry. We’re an active part of the technology community and put a strong focus on innovation.
Our people are dedicated, flexible and fast-moving, rising to every challenge that streaming to a global audience of fans brings.
This role can be based in Katowice or you can work remotely from anywhere in Poland.
As our new Senior Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Deliver high quality, robust and testable code adhering to internal engineering procedures, code conventions and development methodologies
- Work to continually improve software deployment to ensure iterative releases and rapid deployment of updates to our customers across all platforms
- Monitor system performance and resolve any issues or failures in staging or production environments
- Work on a platform that has big spikes in user traffic at one time
- Work in an environment with autonomy where you will plan how to achieve goals that we are all working towards
You'll be set up for success if you have:
- Experience with HTML5, CSS
- Comfortable working as a developer at a mid or senior level
- Git experience
- Comfortable speaking English
Even better if you have:
- Knowledge of React / Redux / MobX
- Knowledge of differences between browsers
- Experience in cross-platform development (TV / STB / gaming consoles)
- Ability to deliver efficient code and analyse performance
- Experience with cloud computing services and distributed applications (preferably AWS)
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration systems (CI/CD)
- Understanding of NodeJS
Benefits will include:
- Access to DAZN
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Annual leave increasing by 3 days after 3 years
- Private medical and dental insurance (fully financed by DAZN)
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme (Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny)
- MyBenefit platform (MultiSport and thousands of sports, culture or tourism benefits)
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Family-friendly community
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind)
- Learning and development resources
- Access to our internal speaker series and events
- High-end laptops (Macs or Windows)
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.