What's your new role about?
DAZN Group is seeking a dynamic sports media and sponsorship seller that can close business and generate significant ad revenue across multiple assets in a growing and high-intensity environment. The position is based in NYC, Chicago or LA and will play a critical role in the future growth and success of the most influential and fastest growing sports OTT organization in the world - The DAZN Group.
The position will work alongside the entire DAZN team across content, ad operations, editorial, social/digital, and additional relevant BU ’s with their primary focus on revenue generation. DAZN Group Employee Profile:
DAZN Group Employee Profile:
1. The ideal candidate is competitive, passionate, high-energy, team oriented, self-starter that can hit the ground running with a rolodex filled with contacts and relationships eager to invest media and sponsorship dollars
2. Deep love and understanding of sport and the business of sports
3. Shows a passion for the media and sponsorship business having worked in similar environment(s) previously - Ideal candidate possesses baseline knowledge of OTT and the business of streaming absentee of tangible work experience within
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Identify, source, develop, and close sales partnerships that directly leverage the DAZN Media portfolio (combination of display, broadcast, platform, video, mobile, social, and custom sponsorship solutions/activations)
- Develop creative partnership packages and take them to market by presenting externally and persuasively sell ideas through to agencies and brands alike
- Grow existing partnerships/relationships into wider deals that support multiple revenue streams
- Open doors at the world’s top companies and agencies that DAZN should be doing business with in the United States and Canada
- Ideate and develop custom integrated solutions in response to RFP's from potential advertisers - Represent the media business and the company’s interests at industry events as a way to network and prospect
- Generate a high volume of sales-related activity via existing relationships, cold calls, meetings, RFP’s, and client entertaining
- Build and maintain a strong knowledge of DAZN Group’s advertising products and solutions
- Serve as a trusted consultant with partners consistently bringing them creative, solution-oriented ideas and products to meet their business challenges as well as goals and objectives
- Work closely with your manager as well as finance to achieve internal revenue goals, expectations, and future forecasts
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- 4 to 7 years of sales experience in the sports industry with a focus on media and sponsorships
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure - Creative thinking and proven ability to generate out-of-the-box ideas/concepts
- Multi-tasking is second nature - ability to manage multiple sales simultaneously
- Come to the office with a high level of energy and commitment every day
- Exhibit strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- A clear understanding of the importance of client service and professional follow up is required
- Must be able to work with under tight deadlines to develop and execute deal elements
- Can thrive in a team environment with goal-oriented culture
- Thick skinned, ability to deal with pressure, and highly organized
- Willing to work long days, weekends, events, and travel when needed
- Go-getter. Someone who does not need to be told what to do, someone who is proactive and knows how to drive duties across the finish line
- Individual who possess the ability to lead by example and inspire those at varying hierarchical levels
- Individual who demonstrates strong aspiration to grow and accelerate their career standing in the company
- You’ll receive up to 15 days of Paid Time OFF (from the start), 9 paid holidays, affordable health benefits (dental and vision included), generous sick time package, competitive parental leave, short and long-term disability paid by the company, basic term life insurance and personal accident insurance paid by the company, 401(k) and a flexible work environment.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development program and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. *Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles. The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.