What's your new role about?
Willst du Teil DAZNs aufregender Reise sein - vom Start up zur globalen Live- und non-live Platform? Werde Teil unseres Teams und hilf uns, DAZN in der DACH Region auf das nächste Level zu heben und die Herzen der Sportfans für uns zu gewinnen.
As part of the subscription leadership team in Germany, you will be responsible for defining the local consumer-centric Demand Generation strategy for the DAZN brand to create awareness, interest and consideration to sign up amongst our target consumers. By doing this, you always champion the DAZN brand as a brand sports fans love to connect with.
This is a senior role heading Consumer Marketing for DAZN in the DACH region and leading a team of campaign, social media and marketing activation experts. The role is highly cross-functional bringing teams together across Media, Editorial/ Publishing and Creative Studio/ Content Development outside of your Consumer Marketing team.
You will also be the go-to person for all market and consumer-related research initiatives in-market.
What we’ll need from you? Confident in leading and developing a team and experience in a fast-paced consumer business owning the marketing/ demand generation strategy contributing to growth of the business and deliver against top and mid-funnel brand objectives. Last but not least, fluency in German is essential for this role.
The Consumer Marketing team is obsessed with serving sports fans what they love through our initiatives and campaigns. The team sits at the heart of the entire local DAZN organisation as champion of the DAZN brand and the consumer. Leading this area comes with a lot of influence, freedom and responsibility as it defines how sports fans see us and interacts with us.
You will be leading a strong team of 4 with influence on work in other local and global teams.
This role is based in Berlin.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 30 days’ annual leave, annual performance-related bonus, pension contributions up to 3%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Head of Consumer Marketing, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Own local brand and audience research to provide relevant consumer insights to your team and the wider subscription function in DACH, working closely with the global research and strategy teams.
- Based on audience and market insights and as part of the strategy, define marketing and comms objectives, their KPIs and measurement of those to understand if the strategy is working towards driving demand across DAZN’s target segments (which ultimately enables subscriber and revenue growth).
- Own seasonal campaign development and activation of the strategy in collaboration with the local Media Team, ensuring we deliver cut-through initiatives resonating with our target consumers and delivering against set objectives.
- Foster close working relationship with the Global Brand & Campaign-, Strategy- and Marketing Research teams as well as Content Development and Production & Editorial in-market.
- Lead, inspire and develop a team of highly skilled and motivated individuals in your team and x-functionally across the wider Subscription function.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Significant work experience in marketing with demonstrated success in developing demand generation strategies for consumer brands, preferably digital brands.
- Experience with different types of marketing research (market segmentation research, brand research) and measurement.
- Proven ability of converting high-level business and marketing strategy into tangible, effective local marketing executions across all channels.
- End-to-end experience of the campaign marketing process from strategy to briefing all the way to execution and evaluation.
- Experience in marketing activation across all types of media (Paid, Social Media/ Influencer, Publisher Marketing), its role, mechanics and measurement.
- Data and return-on-investment driven, adept at analysing and interpreting data and using it to set and track critical metrics.
- Used to work in fast-paced environment, ability to prioritise and curious to learn quickly.
- Strong team leader and communicator providing vision and direction across multiple teams in highly matrixed organisation.
- Full professional proficiency in German and English language skills, both verbal and written.
Even better if you have:
- Broad understanding of mechanics and opportunities in the digital publishing ecosystem (Social Platforms, Google/ SEO, web blogs)
- Experience in creative storytelling / concept development and content production
- Experience in subscription businesses across music, video or others.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.