What's your new role about?
In this role, you will be part of the Corporate Reporting team, which is responsible for the interface between the business and data. The team delivers accurate and timely reports to the business so that stakeholders can monitor performance, make better decisions based using data and draw insights (for example, from how our customers interact with our service).
As part of this work, you will also be involved in agreeing comprehensive definitions with other parts of the business and ensuring compliance with these definitions in all work you produce.
The team works closely with a wide range functions such as Marketing, Product, Finance, Commercial and Strategy to produce specialised reports and develop visualisations that are easy to digest / interpret. The ability to “tell” a story with data is key in this role; and being able to put oneself in the shoes of an end-user will help you deliver something of real value.
To become a data-led business, we need to train business stakeholders regularly and you will be involved in this, with the aim of improving engagement with data. Good communication skills, in front of small groups of colleagues or via online meeting tools will be important to achieving this.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Wrangling data using Dataiku DSS (a collaborative data science software platform) to build stable data sets which are then used to build reports
- Using Tableau to produce new standardised reports and insights to support the business
- Building training materials to accompany the new data sets and reports produced by the team
- Working with different functions to develop KPIs and integrate them into our work stream
- Training the business on how to interact with Tableau and build the accompanying materials
- Experience/desire of working in an agile environment
- Knowledge of analytics across functions preferred (Marketing, Product, Commercial & Research)
- Ability to identify and ingest new data sources to enhance analysis
- Ability to perform data mining, blending large datasets from DAZN (and other Perform divisions) to enhance analysis
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Good communication skills and the desire to interact with different functions across the business
- Strong delivery capability – able to get things done, and perform under pressure
- Experience in data modelling, reporting or data management
- Experience with tools similar to Alteryx, KNIME, Dataiku or SSIS is desired
- Excellent SQL skills
- Ability to use visualisation tools such as Tableau
- A minimum of a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in a STEM subject
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Demonstrable experience of building an ETL process
- Previous history working as a functional data analyst (e.g. Finance or Marketing data analyst)
- A strong interest in Sports, both as a fan and as an industry
- Ability to prioritise and filter out “noise” from critical issues / long term projects and maintain focus on value add reporting
- An adaptable / flexible personality will be critical as priorities and business issues will change
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- *Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
- Department: Finance
- Internal Job Title: Business Intelligence Analyst
- Reports To (title): Reporting Manager
- Career Level: CL2
- Location: London (Hammersmith)
- Hours of Work: 37.5
- Line Management Responsibility: No
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.The
platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.To
find out more visit: