What's your new role about?
WHAT'S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
Do you want to have an impact on a product that is used by millions of users across multiple devices on a daily basis?
DAZN streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues in over 9 markets including Germany, Italy, Japan, Canada and the USA and since we launched 4 years ago we have streamed more than 500 million hours of content!
We are looking for Backend Engineers who are passionate about building a modern, scalable and resilient platform.
We give you autonomy over the software you build and offer you the freedom to choose the right tool for the job. In return, we expect you to take ownership of the systems you build, and that means:
– You’re responsible for the operational health of your services
– You’re empowered and encouraged to fix operational issues (i.e. there will be space for improvement work and bug fixes in the sprints)
We are using a micro services architecture and everything is hosted in AWS.
We use a combination of both containers as well as serverless, and many managed AWS services including DynamoDB, API Gateway, ECS, Lambda and much more.
However, we hire tech agnostically as we believe in hiring problem solvers! If you can contribute to DAZN's engineering challenge than we would be happy to teach you the tools necessary to be successful with us.
HERE’S WHAT YOU WILL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE IMPORTANT STUFF!)
- Build and maintain scalable microservices
- Collaborate with Product Managers, and other Software Engineers to deliver a compelling user experience
- Deliver maintainable, robust and testable code
- Share knowledge and collaborate with other developers across the business
- Build highly resilient and scalable solution on cloud, impacting millions of users
YOU’VE GOT TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO DO YOUR JOB WELL…
- Experience in building cloud-hosted services
- Ability to effectively communicate technical ideas to others
- Ability to write tests
- Track record of successful software delivery through all phases of development, code reviews, testing, and operations
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE TOO…
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with infrastructure and deployment automation
- Worked on large scale web applications
- Leverages and contributes to open source
Here's a little more about us…
We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK.
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service.
- DAZN is live in Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the United States.
- In 2020, we will dramatically increase our presence, expanding to more than 200 countries and territories.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs.
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation.
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality, diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities.