What's your new role about?
What’s better than writing code that reaches millions of concurrent users globally? Doing it with millions more in mind. In 2020, we went global multiplying our engineering challenges. To support our global takeover as the leading sports OTT platform we are looking for Backend Engineers who are passionate about building a modern, scalable and resilient platform and want to contribute to our mission of pushing the boundaries.
WHAT'S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
We give you autonomy over the software you build and offer you the freedom to choose the right tool for the job. In return, we expect you to take (e2e) ownership of the systems you build, and that means:
– You’re responsible for the operational health of your services
– You’re empowered and encouraged to fix operational issues (i.e. there will be space for improvement work and bug fixes in the sprints)
We are using a microservices architecture and everything is hosted in AWS.
We use a combination of both containers as well as serverless, and many managed AWS services including DynamoDB, API Gateway, ECS, Lambda and much more.
Ready to get in DAZN?
HERE’S WHAT YOU WILL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE IMPORTANT STUFF!)
- Build and maintain scalable microservices
- Collaborate with Product Managers, and other Software Engineers to deliver a compelling user experience
- Deliver maintainable, robust and testable code
- Share knowledge and collaborate with other developers across the business
- Build highly resilient and scalable solution on cloud, impacting millions of users
YOU’VE GOT TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO DO YOUR JOB WELL…
- Experience in building cloud-hosted services
- Experience with DevOps
- Ability to effectively communicate technical ideas to others
- Ability to write tests
- Track record of successful software delivery through all phases of development, code reviews, testing, and operations
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE TOO…
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with infrastructure and deployment automation
- Worked on large scale web applications
- Leverages and contributes to open source
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN we're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories. You can subscribe to our global service at www.dazn.com
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality, diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We would actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.