What's your new role about?
Imagine a major new initiative that brings together all areas of the company. It’ll set the business on a new strategic path, building out our own platform and in doing so reshape the company culture. It needs you to visibly own its delivery, working closely across senior stakeholders and driving forward an aligned delivery view. DAZN is looking for a driven, friendly and detail orientated Technical Programme Manager to lead just such an initiative.
Working within the Platform and Technology team your role is to support the ongoing technical delivery of DAZN, a sports video streaming service across web, mobile and living room devices (game consoles, connected TVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top boxes).
You’ll utilize your outstanding organization skills to bring the people around you together, tailoring your communication style to the audience you’re meeting. When challenges arise, you’ll use teamwork, leadership and integrity to solve them. You’ll be someone who can bring together complex multi teamwork into an aligned delivery view. Someone your teammates can rely on to be diligent and reliable, working through the detail and summarizing this effectively for executive review.
You will collaborate with internal teams across product, design, operations, finance, marketing, commercial and the executive team on the product requirements, and manage the technology strategy and technical delivery with both internal and external development teams.
HERE'S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage multiple internal and external software development teams to plan and deliver DAZN on new living room devices / new features across existing devices.
- Work with high-profile external stakeholders and business to ensure that technical implementation requirements are understood, and a regular cadence is in place for stakeholder management.
- Ensure business objectives are met and risks are managed, resolving technical problems in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Collaborate with the Product and UX teams on the Product requirements documents, including wireframes, user flows and detailed designs.
- Work with the QA team to ensure all pre-launch defects are correctly prioritised and resolved in a timely manner to meet the agreed launch dates.
- Review and approve proposed development releases and manage the release process through hardware manufacture submission processes.
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the delivery.
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant experience in software delivery.
- Proven experience leading successful technology delivery in a dynamic business.
- Hands on experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices.
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Must have experience in managing outsourced software development partners.
- Understanding of the challenges of launching products in multiple, non-English speaking markets.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- Knowledge of end-to-end video delivery technologies an advantage.
- Certified Scrum Master or Agile Coach (Scrum Alliance or scrum.org).
- German, French, Italian or Japanese language skill sets also an advantage.
- In-depth understanding of Issue / Project Tracking software and Road-mapping software.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.