What's your new role about?
DAZN is changing the game - Globally.
We are one of the fastest-growing streaming media services (OTT - Over The Top) companies in the world and stream over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries. Since we launched in 2016, we have streamed more than 600 million hours of content!
Do you want to have an impact on a product that is used by millions of users across multiple devices on a daily basis?
We are looking for experienced Android Engineers who are passionate about building modern, scalable applications for Android TV.
You will be a part of the newly created Android TV team. It will be spread in 2 locations: Poland and UK. Teams are typically made up of around 5-8 Engineers, a Product Manager, Scrum Master, and an Engineering Manager supported by a Principal Engineer. Our team is a group from various and diverse backgrounds, we tend to have a flat structure within a team as everyone brings something different and has different experiences and knowledge.
Tech stack: Fully Native and Hybrid (Native + HTML), so to deliver the best experience on TV
This role can be based in Katowice or you can work remotely from Poland. The internal job title is Senior Software Engineer.
As our new Senior Software Engineer you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Build and maintain Android TV DAZN application
- Bridge knowledge between non-Android developers and the Android ecosystem
- Collaborate with Designers, Product Managers, and other Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Deliver maintainable, robust, and testable code
- Collaborate with the Android Mobile team
- Collaborate with the Playback team to optimise the live experience of our users
- Help hiring other Android Developers
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Ability to work with other developers to understand requirements and designs and implement Android applications in Kotlin
- Knowledge of RxJava or alternative multithreading libraries
- Experience with writing unit (JUnit) and automated (Espresso + UIAutomator) tests
- Knowledge about Android SDK changes and trends
- Track record of successful software delivery through all phases of development, code reviews, testing, and operations
Even better if you have:
- Experience in cross-platform development on smart TVs, connected devices and consoles
- Gradle or alternative build systems experience
- Experience with Hiring / Interviews
Benefits will include:
- Access to DAZN
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Annual leave increased by 3 days, after 3 years of tenure
- Private medical and dental insurance (fully financed by DAZN)
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme (Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny)
- MyBenefit platform (MultiSport and thousands of sports, culture or tourism benefits)
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Family-friendly community
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind)
- Learning and development resources
- Access to our internal speaker series and events
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.