What's your new role about?
DAZN is experiencing a significant and continued period of growth. To support this growth, the Finance Manager – Controls Resilience and Transformation will lead risk-based control assessments with a view to enhancing DAZN’s financial control framework and ensuring that technology surrounding the finance function is resilient and fit for purpose.
You’ll get to work collaboratively across multiple teams to understand the integration of technology into the finance function, document financial controls, perform control assessments and produce reports and financial process notes to increase the understanding of control design and control operating effectiveness.
With a view on continuous improvement of business processes, you will ultimately be responsible for strengthening internal control over critical finance and interlinked business processes and further enhancing the DAZN corporate culture specifically relating to risks and controls.
During your career to date, you will have gained vital experience with financial accounting controls and preferably have a strong understanding of ITGCs. With either an external or internal audit background, you will have previously recommended and overseen financial controls implementation and demonstrated the ability to improve and streamline processes and controls.
You will be part of the newly developed Financial Controls and Governance team which consists of a Compliance and Governance Branch and a Financial Control and Transformation Branch. You will report into a Senior Finance Manager. The team’s objectives are of critical importance to the Group’s CFO and the team will be seen as a key enabler in helping DAZN reach its long-term strategic objectives and embedding new revenue streams (e.g. betting). Existing team members pride themselves on being effective business partners, developing strong and genial relationships but also able to deliver sometimes challenging messages.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Senior Finance Manager, Financial Controls and Transformation you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Scope and identify risk areas in the Finance function and its supporting functions, with a view to plan and lead control design and improvement projects.
- Undertake walk-throughs and co-ordinate control documentation exercises across the Finance function, including the Group’s Shared Service Centre.
- Assess the Finance function’s control environment maturity including the adequacy of reporting structures, finance systems and tools, skills, experience and appropriate review and segregation of duties.
- Interact with DAZN’s Technology teams in documenting, understanding, and assessing ITGCs that impact on the Finance Function.
- Identify control gaps and weaknesses and produce insightful reports detailing implications and opportunities for improvement.
- Integrate new acquisitions into the DAZN Financial Control framework.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Full qualifications as an accountant (ACA or equivalent), being 2-3+ years PQE with big four experience (e.g. in an audit division)
- Big four experience, potentially in an audit role
- Experience of technology, systems or ITGCs audit
- Solid technical accounting skills
- Experience in process and control mapping and producing risk and control matrices
- Experience producing reports on control findings and recommendations
- Experience of working in, or with, either an online subscription (or highly transactional), media, tech, or sports business
Even better if you have:
- Been part of an IT Audit team
- Experience with Oracle Fusion
- Experience with the Zuora Revenue System
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.