What's your new role about?
DAZN is one of the fasting growing OTT companies in the world and stream over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries.
How would you like to be part of our new 24x7 application support team who acts as a single point of contact technical monitoring, communication and triage team in a new state-of the art support centre focussed on incident prevention, impact analysis and lightening quick incident notifications? Not only this, but you’ll also get the chance to expand your skillset and work with our unique OTT product as well.
We’re a dynamic, evolving ‘live’ environment where things can be hectic at times but what a rewarding feeling it is when you are at the reins of transmitting seamless major sporting events across the globe!
As our new Application Support Specialist, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Provide application support and act as first responder and carrying out level 1 triage to inbound customer incidents received to the DAZN support centre.
- Responsible for Incident Logging, providing business impact assessment, reporting, incident notifications and escalation to resolver teams in a quick and timely manner.
- Troubleshooting, providing 1st line fixes and escalating incidents as required, ensuring they are resolved within service level agreements or against agreed key performance indicators.
- Carrying out proactive and pre- live event and metadata monitoring checks on across our DAZN OTT product to ensure maximum possible uptime.
- Responsible for Level 1 monitoring (Business and Technical) and live event monitoring across the DAZN OTT platform and product using variety of tools.
- Being the point of contact for escalating issues when necessary.
- Mentoring and supporting colleagues on shift
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- APM Monitoring tools like Check M, Nagios, New Relic, Datadog, Pager Duty, Logz.io, Conviva, Dynatrace,
- Application Support for Web/ Mobile Cloud based Applications
- Troubleshooting with; HTTP, Unix, Infrastructure, Web Applications (Apache, Node.js), Firewalls and load balancers
- Supporting Cloud-based platforms, ideally AWS, Cloud watch, ECS, Lambda and/or GCP, Azure, etc
- Knowledge of KPIs that indicate performance and customer experience
- Service management ticketing tools like Service Now
- Ability to balance multiple concurrent activities when incident occur, to drive performance to ensure communication, escalation, triage and reporting are all done within minutes of key incidents occurring
- Attention to detail to build, follow and update run-books, including deciding severities of our incidents and identifying customer impacts
- Have a fair understanding of web technologies and distributed web applications using variety of languages like Node Js etc
Even better if you have:
- Strong knowledge of OTT, devices, browsers, living room, mobile, web, CDNs, Platforms, Applications
- Familiarity with basic ITIL
- Familiarity with Jira / Confluence
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.