What's your new role about?
Do you want to play a critical role in the continued expansion of DAZN and help us becoming the number 1 sports destination globally? This will be the perfect role for you if you thrive in working with large data sets and enjoy providing top-notch quantitative and qualitative analysis. In this role, you’ll be a key member of the finance team that supports the North American, UK and Global Platform markets, enabling you to be the liaison between the regional management team and Central Finance for these markets.
You’ll be responsible for the full scope of the P&L and Cash Flow with a primary focus on subscription revenue, rights/ content costs and sales & marketing costs. You will be heavily involved in the reporting of financials, KPIs and metrics that are intrinsic to an OTT business – Subscribers, ARPU, CPA, Retention and Churn to name a few.
How to stand out to us? You’ll be able to produce quality deliverables that cover a range of reporting cadences that include the annual budget, quarterly forecast, weekly subscriber updates and other routine and ad-hoc reporting that supports the Consolidation Finance and Strategy/Business teams. Reporting to the VP Revenue Finance, you will provide best in class finance support to enable effective planning, reviewing and refinement of revenue-driving investments.
Benefits include access to DAZN, an annual performance related bonus, up to 15 days of paid time off and 9 days of annual leave, health benefits (including dental & eye care) and a generous sick time package as well as short and long-term disability covering, parental leave offering, personal insurances, such as basic life term and personal accident and access to a 401(k) retirement plan. You’ll also find a family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Finance Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Being a key member of DAZN regional management team in understanding the financial results and suite of business KPIs and using them to play a leading role in driving performance and maximizing opportunities across all revenue-driving areas of the business within the region
- Presenting lookback and forecast analysis to management on a weekly and monthly basis during performance reviews, including revenue KPI’s and revenue financial results
- Delivering monthly financial reviews to management, analysing financial performance against benchmarks and highlighting risks, opportunities and insights
- Delivering the regional annual budgets for all elements of revenue and gross margin (including challenging/obtaining buy-in from non-finance teams on the forecast inputs and KPIs that drive financial outputs) and managing the business against those barometers
- Ensuring annual revenue budgets are re-forecasted regularly (at least once a quarter) through close alignment with the Revenue Planning team and key regional and global stakeholders
- Assisting regional management with evaluating new opportunities and contracts, including financial modelling in alignment with best practice from the central financial modelling team
- As part of DAZN regional management, preparing board and management presentations and acting as a conduit between divisional Exco and local management
- Working closely with Central Finance in order to drive continuous improvements in the delivery of finance services to key finance/other management stakeholders impacting revenue including cash-flow management, provision of monthly management accounts (including balance sheet), purchase order creation and approval, advanced financial modelling, tax support and reporting support where required
- Playing a supporting role in the establishment and maintenance of a strong culture of governance and control across the business
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Significant experience working in early-to-mid level finance positions in digital, OTT and high-volume subscription businesses
- Excellent understanding of finance/accounting (Big 4, CPA and/or MBA) with previous exposure to financial reporting, technical accounting and management accounting
- Deep modelling experience with strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with ability to interact with those outside of finance to deliver preferred outcomes
- Ability to partner with the business across a range of disciplines, including marketing, partnerships, pricing, direct costs and other revenue-driving functions
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to catch errors and question inconsistencies
- Keen on spotting trends and reporting on them with supportable data
- Experience working on multiple deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of finance systems (Oracle preferred) and data analytics/reporting tools (Tableau and Looker would be great)
Even better if you have:
- Experience managing and leading staff
- Understanding of international markets
- Motivated to work for a fast-paced and fast-growing company looking to change the sports media landscape
- Awareness of off and on-line marketing methodologies
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.