What's your new role about?
Are you interested in the sports media business and keen to get involved with Germany’s largest and most exciting sports streaming service?
As a Rights Manager for DAZN in the German speaking markets Germany, Austria and Switzerland (“DACH”), you will play an important role in the management of a defined group of sports media rights like the NFL and strategic content partners. You will represent the interests of rightsholders and content partners within DAZN and act as the first point of contact for DAZN business units with respect to these partnerships.
You will develop an expert understanding of our rights and content partnerships and seek out activation opportunities together with other functions in the business to maximizes the value of our media rights investments. You will also be responsible for ensuring the team is aware of key information relating to sports media rights, audience consumption trends, competitor activity and wider industry news.
Using your organisational and interpersonal skills, you will work key stakeholders of the media, business development, commercial premises, marketing und programming unit in DACH to facilitate the success of these business units within the DAZN organisation. With your innovative mindset you will also stay across the expansion of DAZN’s customer offering to include interactive and engaging content for fans to enjoy alongside its sports streaming service.
You will be part of DAZN’s media rights team, reporting into the Rights Director DACH, based out of Munich. You will also work closely with colleagues in the UK and around the world on managing DAZN’s rights portfolio and content partnerships. This is an opportunity to become a member of a team in the centre of one of the most exciting and rapidly growing businesses in the sports industry. If this sounds like the right step for you – we would love to hear from you!
Benefits include access to DAZN, 30 days’ annual leave, annual performance-related bonus, pension contributions up to 3%, Ticket Plus flexible voucher card, a family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for mobile working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Rights Manager DACH m/f/d, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Establish working relationships and manage internal and external day-to-day aspects for a defined group of rightsholders and content partners.
- Support the senior management in rights acquisition or renewal processes and in advising DAZN management regarding the long-term rights strategy.
- Plan, brief, coordinate and execute activations around a defined group of sports media rights.
- Support the internationally based rights and strategy team with queries or ad hoc tasks where required.
- Liaise with multiple areas of the business around all information related to DAZN’s rights agreements.
- Generating viewership and performance reports on monthly and ad-hoc bases to provide to rightsholder and internal teams.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written - in German to a native level and fluent in English.
- Self-starter attitude with strong willingness and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Good understanding of the sports, broadcast and new media landscapes.
- Strong organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly grasp and delve into complex issues in a fast paced, high-impact environment.
- Strong knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel.
Even better if you have:
- Experience working with contracts.
- Understanding of media rights landscape
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.