What's your new role about?
We are seeking an experienced Incident Commander to join the Global Live Operations team. We are seeking a highly skilled and technology-focused leader to drive the evolution of the DAZN Critical Incidents Technical Response Group handling all incident types. You will be responsible for Incident Management and You will be the key decision-maker and authority to direct the Problem resolution path for fastest restoration to any service.
You are responsible for managing the restoration of an impacted service affected by real or potential interruptions which may have an impact upon the quality or availability of that service. When a major or critical incident occurs, the right technical resources will be activated, you lead major Incident calls, determine the client impact, agree on resolution actions with everybody involved, manage the communication channel for focus on return-to-service. This will include managing technical sub-channels with tech development leads who will take point for sub-channels and isolate issues contributing to return-to-service.
You responsible for business communication leaving the engineering teams focused on the return to service. This is a fast-paced high-tech environment and will require extended hours and after-hours follow up given the nature of the changes occurring 7x24, x365, the role is shift based.
We are live globally and are determined in our continued efforts to remain a leader in the streaming community. Are you ready to have your work impact millions daily and change the OTT landscape?
HERE'S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU'LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Technically leads all aspects of critical incidents (S1-S3) - determine SMEs needed, identify problem and release/de-escalate after diagnosis meeting SLA’s
- Focused on fastest service restoration/recovery – bridge, teams communication channels, sync-points for sub-tech teams leading investigations (including 3rd party vendors and DAZN engineering teams).
- You are responsible for the quality and integrity of Major Incident Management process - interface with Service Delivery Managers, Support teams, and DAZN Development/Engineering teams.
- Provide recommendations on troubleshooting and other technology improvements to quickly resolve incidents, ensuring infrastructure and application stability
- Partners with other Support, Dev and Engineering teams to resolve difficult or unique system issues that team members are not equipped to handle.
- Provides Technical support to team members to facilitate resolution or escalation of technical issue
- Identify failure points driving availability and accelerating mean-time-to-repair including architectures, design, process improvements, software disciplines, test, etc…
- Interact frequently with various stakeholders across the organization to prioritize backlog for availability as required.
YOU’VE GOT TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO DO YOUR JOB WELL…
- Experience of Managing of Major Incidents, providing leadership to resolution and clear communications throughout
- Working knowledge of ITIL incident, problem, and change management components
- The ability to co-ordinate technical, incident and supplier side teams to ensure that all incidents are accurately prioritised and effectively managed
- Experience to identify early indications of major incidents not progressing well and get things back on track
- Ability to determine precise customer impacts on our incidents through analysis of CS, social, error codes, and playback failures
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Knowledge of KPIs that indicate performance and customer experience (eg re-buffering, video playback failures, video-start failures, capacity monitoring)
- Operations experience in a 24x7, x365 support model
- Knowledge of ticketing system – Service Now or JIRA
- Working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures such as Enterprise Server Platforms and related IT architectures and equipment – specifically around cloud-based environments and distributed systems [Lambda is a plus!]
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE...
- Configuration Management (or IaC) – Puppet and or Ansible or Terraform
- Strong knowledge of OTT, devices, browsers, living room, mobile, web, CDNs, Platforms, E2E Architecture, Applications
- Demonstrated broadcast experience and understanding of broadcast systems/technologies
WANTS TO KNOW WHAT MAKE WANT MAKES A SUCCESSFUL TEAM MEMBER?
- Has a questioning personality - always curious!
- Ownership & accountability over everything they do
- Adhere to Department policies, Procedures, Guidelines and Best Practices initiatives
- Working collaboratively with a group of people in order to accomplish a task or achieve a goal
- Flexibility & Adaptability - things change day to day, month to month, you should be able to move like the river!
Here's a little more about us…
We are looking for someone who can always be hands-on technically when required. A broad technical understanding across AWS Cloudplatforms, using ECS, Lambda and applications written in varied languages like node js, Java, and PHPis essential. Due to the nature and responsibility of this role, you will need to possess the relevant skills to maintain a calm composure with the ability to command and direct with authority in a Technical crisis.
The role will work very closely with DSC (DAZN support Centre), who are at the fore-front of Platform availability. They ensure that we provide continuous service to our users, and that the platform and all applications running on the platform are always available. The team's primary responsibility is the monitoring of the DAZN platform 24x7 x365 days a year, proactively preventing incidents, whilst acting as the first line of Technical Support and triaging to route to the right Development teams thereby reducing Mean Time to Repair (MTTR). This team also holds the relationships with the External Suppliers to liaise with them through to incident resolution if an incident’s cause is outside the DAZN engineering teams.
We’re a dynamic, evolving ‘live’ environment where things can be hectic at times but what a rewarding feeling it is when you are at the reins of transmitting seamless major sporting events across the globe! We are proud of our vibrant team at the helm of the Global Live operations arm of the business. So, if you’re also a bit of a chameleon who enjoys adapting to changing business needs, cultures, conditions and work responsibilities, then this could be the role for you!
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.