What's your new role about?
Do you love sport, 24/7, anytime, anyplace, anywhere? Then come and join the biggest sports broadcaster in the world as an MCR Team Leader.
This is a key role within DAZN MCR where you will be relied on heavily to maintain high technical and operational standards and provide excellent service and value to the end user in a busy, live, IP broadcast environment. Experience in live sports broadcasting is essential.
The day-to-day responsibilities will be to provide seamless outgoing live broadcast streams to all end users and be responsible for the technical monitoring, resolution of issues affecting the channels and reporting. Ensuring all bookings, media and schedules received from incoming sources are processed in a timely manner before events and any on-air irregularities are captured and reported accurately to management. Communicating with company and third party sites in the UK and globally in a professional manner will be expected.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Organising daily team operations and rota
- Provide operational contribution to a service design, implementation and procedurisation as directed, bringing knowledge of the Customers expectations
- Line Management of operational staff to ensure development and progression of the team
- Manage the successful and timely resolution of service related incidents, ensuring that fault conditions are communicated in a timely manner to internal teams, customers and service suppliers. This includes escalations to management
- Consider service up time as high priority
- Ensure reporting is completed to the highest level and continually look for improvements
- Manage weekly incident meetings
- Leading and motivating the team to achieve
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- 5 years’ experience working in a broadcast environment
- Proven ability to lead, organise a team and motivate staff
- Must be familiar with broadcast system standards & measurements, e.g., SD/HD SDI, AES/EBU, MPEG/ASI, MPEG TsoIP, Dolby
- TCP/IP & IP Multicast knowledge desirable
- Should have knowledge of satellite RF systems, and associated technologies, such as DVB-S/S2
- Self-motivated with experiencing in driving goals and motivating people
- Ability to communicate efficiently & effectively
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience in workflow & incident management
- Knowledge and interest in streaming media and consumer grade STBs
- Experience working in a live MCR environment
Here's a little more about us…
· Department: Group Operations
· Division: Broadcast Services
· Reports To (title): Broadcast Operations Manager
· Career Level: 3
· Country and Location: Bangor, Northern Ireland
· Hours of Work: Shift Rotation
· Line Management Responsibility: Yes