What's your new role about?
This is an exciting opportunity for you to play a key role in our Revenue Finance team. Revenue Finance team is responsible for reporting and analyzing the trading and financial performances of a) Subscription business, b) Commercial Premises, and c) Advertising business. You will be able to learn the fundamentals and the various KPIs on how to run a Subscription business, as well as our new business areas including Commercial premises and Advertising. Your analysis and reporting outputs will be critical to visualize opportunities and risks of the business and make important investment decisions.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Support Head of Finance and the Finance Manager on reporting, such as the Weekly Trading Update, Monthly Performance Review, and Budget for the Subscription, Commercial Premises, Advertising business.
- Own the daily tasks of Commercial Premises. Tasks will include but not limited to below;
o Support to sign new deals
o Tracking of existing deals
o Reporting and analysis of PL, Cash, Trading actuals and forecasts
o Align with stakeholders including the UK Revenue Finance, Accounting, and CP business team to build a robust and efficient process. (e.g. Invoicing, Subs reporting)
o Support local CP business team on finance related queries
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Excellent communication and organisational / collaboration skills with ability to interact with those outside of finance including senior leaders to deliver preferred outcomes
- Ability to partner with the business across a range of disciplines, including Local EVP, Subscription, DS&I, Strategy, Accounting, Tax teams
- Strong commercial awareness and strategic/business acumen
- Pro-active and have an ability to operate in ambiguous and changing situations with multiple (at times conflicting) stakeholders to deliver results to meet deadlines
- Good foundational understanding of finance, including financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting and financial modelling
- Fluent in English
- Experience working in a tech, media/telco or sports environment
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Degree educated or relevant finance qualification
- Finance experience within a fast-growing / global business
- Knowledge of local legal, tax and accounting laws and standards
- Experience working with business intelligence/analytics software e.g. Tableau
- Finance systems knowledge (Oracle preferred) & deep financial modelling understanding
- Social security included (Health care insurance, Employee pension scheme, Employment insurance, Labour personal accident insurance)
- Annual Health Exams
- Annual paid leave of 15 days (pro-rated depending on the start date)
- Relo club employee benefit package (access to more than 50,000 services such as discounts in accommodation, sports clubs, leisure facilities and physical exams)
- Company doctor (monthly inspection of office as well as stress check)
- 80yen discount for every drink in vending machine
- Free access to DAZN (live or on-demand sports streaming service) on a daily basis
- Access to free tickets for every J-league game and occasionally for other sports
- Paid commuting allowance up to 30,000 yen a month
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries.
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories.
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles.
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.