What's your new role about?
As a Principal Backend Engineer, you will be a crucial pin shaping the development and delivery of various projects and features across DAZN. As a recognized engineering leader in the Growth domain, you will support and push teams to their maximum potential – defining engineering excellence. Here at DAZN we are changing the game. We are revolutionizing the way fans are consuming their sports content, bringing them ever closer to the action.
What we are looking for is someone who has had experience in developing and delivering highly scalable and highly available applications, in addition to being a master in distributed systems. You would have good exposure to DevOps, Cloud, Backend and Architectural aspects of software engineering. In this role you will be a leader without being a manager and will remain very hands on in engineering and operations.
You would be reporting directly to the Head of Development and will play a pivotal role in our senior leadership group.
Do you have what it takes to change the game and having your work impact millions across the globe?
As our new Principal Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Lead by example by being hands-on and working with our teams to deliver high quality, architecturally sound systems; earning their respect as a technical leader.
- Partner with Architecture, Software Engineering and Site Reliability/Platform teams to guide projects from systems design through to live support.
- Ensure we stay ahead of a fast-paced industry; identifying new languages, tools, frameworks, concepts and producing prototypes of how they will benefit DAZN.
- Coach and mentor Software Engineers; fostering an environment of high performance and continual learning across our engineering teams.
You'll be set up for success if you have:
- Extensive experience leading the technical direction of high performing software engineering teams preferably in roles such as a either a Tech Lead or Principal Engineer.
- In-depth knowledge of SDLC in a lean and agile development environment.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Able to write highly performant and maintainable code.
- Polyglot across several programming languages and paradigms, especially OOP and Functional Programming (ideally Node / JS)
- Experience in designing, implementing and maintaining distributed systems at scale in a cloud-based environment with hard requirements of low-latency, high-availability and scalability.
- DevOps experience with expertise in building CI/CD pipelines, automated and continuous testing, proactive monitoring, everything-as-code, etc.
- Kubernetes or Docker (Containers)
- Terraform or AWS CloudFormation (IaC)
- Experience with Payments or/and Google/Apple App Store Payments
- Expert in maintaining live services at scale by measuring and monitoring system health.
- Strong business judgement with proven ability to influence stakeholder and strong analytical thinking.
Even better if you have:
- Learn and Grow; On-going drive for learning and ability to apply new knowledge and skills.
- Drive & Energy; Self–motivated and driven to succeed, focused on results and passionate about the job.
- Creativity & Innovation; Ability to generate and translate an idea into a product or service that creates value for business.
- Teamwork & Collaboration; Working collaboratively with a group of people in order to accomplish a task or achieve a goal.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.