What's your new role about?
Disrupting an industry isn’t easy.
In 2016 DAZN launched its direct-to-consumer app bringing more live sport directly to customers than ever before through a simple, intuitive, easy to use app and a low monthly price. By 2019 DAZN were playing more hours of live sports than any other company anywhere in the world.
Now it’s time to push new boundaries.
Imagine a major new initiative that brings together all areas of the company. It’ll set the business on a new strategic path, building out our own platform and in doing so reshape the company culture. It needs you to visibly own its delivery, working closely across senior stakeholders and driving forward an aligned delivery view. DAZN is looking for a driven, friendly and detail orientated Technical Programme Manager to lead this initiative.
As our new Technical Programme Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Coordinate with internal and external teams across Product, Engineering, 3rd parties, Commercial and the wider business to define the end-to-end delivery plan.
- Own the delivery plan and drive through to successful delivery.
- Work with high-profile external stakeholders and business partners to ensure that technical implementation requirements are understood and a regular cadence is in place for stakeholder management.
- Collaborate with the Product and UX teams on the product requirements documents, inc. requirements documentation, wireframes, user flows and detailed designs.
- Ensure business objectives are met and risks are managed - resolving technical problems in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Run programme review meetings involving all key stakeholders.
- Manage stakeholder communications, ensuring clarity and transparency at all times.
- Work with the QA Team to ensure all pre-launch defects are correctly prioritised and resolved in a timely manner to meet the agreed launch dates.
- Use your initiative – a key part of your role will be finding out who can help you and your teams resolve issues.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Relevant work experience in software delivery, preferably in a fast-paced, online environment
- Proven experience leading successful technology delivery in a dynamic business.
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Hands-on experience with Agile methodologies.
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with all seniority levels.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of the challenges of launching products in multiple, non-English speaking markets.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
- Experience in managing internal and outsourced software development partners.
Even better if you have:
- Experience of OTT and/or B2B product/service delivery.
- Exposure to projects that incorporated Content Management Systems, AWS, Broadcast technologies
- General interest in sport a real advantage.
- Experience of delivering product in an international environment across distributed teams
- Foreign language skills can come in handy at times, and are a plus.
- Certified Scrum Master (Scrum Alliance or scrum.org)
- Strong knowledge of Project Planning / Roadmapping software.
- In-depth understanding of Issue / Project Tracking software.
- Experience of working on-site with external parties/partners.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.