What's your new role about?
Do you have a solid understanding of broadcast technologies and workflows? More importantly.. are you ready to inspire a growing team to reach their maximum potential and have fun whilst doing so?
You will play a key role in managing the day to day operation of DAZN’s MCR in our central broadcast operations centre in Leeds. You will be the main point of contact for internal and external production, programming and operational entities. Primary duties will include leading a team of MCR staff working a shift pattern 24/7, 365 days per year.
This is a key management role within DAZN Broadcast Operations where you will be responsible for the ongoing operations of a busy 24/7 MCR delivering central MCR services to a global sports broadcaster. DAZN broadcasts both OTT & linear sports channels broadcasting to multiple regional platforms. You will manage a team who will be required to maintain high technical and operational standards and provide excellent service and value to the end user in a busy, live, IP broadcast environment. Experience in live sports broadcasting is essential.
The day-to-day responsibilities will be to manage the MCR team in Leeds, provide guidance and leadership in managing processes, provide regular reporting back to the wider business of service delivery to regional platforms. Communicating with internal TX, Bookings, Production and Programming heads to ensure consistent and high quality output of the channels will be an essential part of the role.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Lead, manage and coach the MCR team.
- Manage delivery of Live OTT & Linear output from Leeds, globally.
- Oversee the operational working practices to ensure compliance with internal governance.
- Strategic planning of resources to deliver maximum efficiency for delivery of MCR services
- Ensure that all operational procedures are up to date and follow best practice.
- Ensure on air discrepancy reporting and escalation processes are adhered to.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- 3 years management experience including setting of goals, KPIs and career development and coaching
- Excellent communications ability to communicate clearly and effectively across the business.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a busy, live MCR environment preferably in live sports
- Ability to make clear decisions both impacting on the day to day output and longer-term projects
- Clear understanding of technologies used across acquisition, transmission and OTT and Linear output delivery.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Knowledge of live production in a sports broadcasting environment.
- Detailed knowledge of broadcast technology, transmission platforms and IP technology.
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years)
- Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*
- Life Assurance (4x annual salary)
- Matching pension contributions up to 5%
- Travel Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme and more.
You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- Department: Group Operations
- Internal Job Title: Head of MCR
- Reports To (title): Transmission Manager
- Career Level: CL4
- Country and Location: UK, Leeds
- Hours of Work: 37.5
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes