What's your new role about?
As QA Team Leader, you will support the on-going technical delivery of DAZN, a sports video streaming service across web, mobile and living room devices (game consoles, connected TVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top boxes).
You will be responsible for supporting our product and software development teams to define the test strategy for new features and launches and report on defects across all DAZN regions and platforms (including Console, TV and Mobile to approve global releases and/or new devices launches.
You will collaborate with internal teams across product, development and design on requirement approvals and defect resolution to ensure that business objectives are met, and manufacture requirements are delivered within the applications.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Dedicated QA Team Leader for Product Vertical development. Daily liaison with Product Vertical Product Owners and Technical Programme Managers to pull-in requirements for vertical specific new project testing tasks, attending PR-FAQ and project specific meetings and planning meetings.
- Create detailed test-cases for vertical specific testing tasks for new features, feature improvements, new regions, new strategic initiatives, playback improvements.
- Scope and evaluate testing requirements and information for new vertical projects with Product team to accurately establish the QA resources required for vertical new project testing with QA Manager and then manage the allocated QA team when testing is scheduled to commence.
- Create testing-plans, test strategies, testing accounts and testing timelines/schedules for all new project testing tasks and ensure all teams are kept up to date.
- Lead project vertical testing; responsible for the daily management of project testing, the prioritization of daily testing tasks and the main vertical QA point of contact for any major issues or blocking problems that are reported.
- To work with our UAT automation team to maximise the level of automation being conducted on vertical new projects and minimise the drain on simple testing tasks.
- Line manage your direct report(s) efficiently to maintain standards for every critical project.
- Assemble and present accurate metrics and reporting of the QA teams testing activities via frequent updates and End of Day reporting.
- Advocate quality/testing best practices; driving and improving the QA team in all areas and striving to improve testing practices, processes and communication across the QA discipline.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- experience leading a team working on web, mobile, TV platforms, set-top boxes and/or games consoles in an agile environment.
- Strong experience working on live applications with a continuous feature & content release cycle.
- Understanding of BDD, exploratory testing, compliance testing, defect regression, smoke-testing and test planning.
- Extensive and in-depth experience of bug database systems and test-tracking software such as JIRA and Test Rail.
- First rate leadership, negotiation and influencing skills with stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure and with frequent changing priorities Ability to make difficult decisions. In this scenario.
- Strong team player that is performance orientated
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLES TOO
- Knowledge of web delivery technologies and an understanding of issues surrounding cloud applications an advantage.
- Experience of writing tests using Selenium, Java or similar, using BDD Tools including Cucumber and scripting languages such as Python is desirable.
- Experience with Charles Proxy, Wire-Shark and other supporting QA Tools
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in nine countries. Our goal is to change the world of sport for fans, connecting them & bringing them closer to every aspect of the game. We’re one of the fastest growing sports media companies in the world and as such, work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive environment. We’re passionate about what we do, particularly when it comes to building a great product for our customers. Our Product team works collaboratively with the Engineering team to continue optimizing our OTT Product and serve even more happy customers around the world.
We stream sports to fans directly through DAZN, featuring the widest arry of live and on-demand content ever offered on one platform. We partner with the biggest rights holders across football (Champions League, Europa League, English Premier League, La Liga, Serie A and 25+ more), boxing, Formula 1, NFL, NHL Baseball, Basketball, Rugby, Golf and many more, produce the best content ourselves, and operate some of the world’s biggest digital sports platforms.
If you’re looking to really make your mark on a fast growing global product, this is your chance.