What's your new role about?
What’s better than supporting engineers that reach millions of concurrent users globally? Doing it with millions more users in mind. As we come to the end of 2019 DAZN is currently live in USA, Japan, Canada, Germany, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Spain and Brazil. Moving into 2020 there are only more markets to follow. You will be responsible for supporting our Software Engineering Scrum teams to deliver their sprint commitments, removing blockers and coaching them to self-organise.
Do you want the creative freedom to lead engineering initiatives within a strong engineering culture?
We want to make the product something you’re proud to show others your family and friends. You will be given the autonomy to help our Cloud Engineers / Site Reliability Engineers with the software built and provide them the power to select the right tool for the job to build a modern, scalable and resilient platform.
Is your current job allowing you to become better at your craft or just lengthening your years in the industry? Weather it's learning to speak at events, getting involved in the Scrum Master community, working with other teams or gaining knowledge and ideas from some of the great minds we have here – you’ll always be getting better at DAZN.
What is Platform Engineering at DAZN? See here
The essentials for you!
- Location: Hammersmith (2 mins from the tube)
- Industry: OTT and Live Streaming Service
- IT department size: 200+
- Team size: 20
Here’s a breakdown of what you’ll be doing (not everything, just the important bits):
- Organise and facilitate Scrum ceremonies (planning meetings, daily scrums, demo's and retrospectives)
- Ensure the Platform Engineering team & Product Owner work together in the Scrum framework
- Track the progress of the Sprint on a daily basis in order to be able to take proactive measures ahead of time where required to help the team to achieve the sprint goal
- Monitor and communicate team velocity and release progress
- Ensure the team are being as effective and productive as they can by protecting them from external distractions and actively removing impediments to their progression
- Work with the Product Owner to prepare the scrum backlog
- Define and setup the entry and exit points of work for the team (tickets, emails, documentation) and ensure they are followed
- Liaise with other Scrum teams and external teams to address and resolve cross team issues, conflicts and dependencies
- Be an active part of the Scrum Master community within DAZN and participate in continuous improvement within this discipline
To have an impact in this role you, our Scrum Masters generally have these traits:
- Experience in at least 3 of the points above ^
- Commercial experience as a Scrum Master
- Certified Scrum Master – not essential
- Ability to handle conflict effectively
Want to do your own research? These links are a good place to start:
- Platform Engineering video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1rVhPWjd_s
- Stack Overflow: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/dazn
- Twitter: @dazneng
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/dazn/
Here's a little more about us…
Pronounced DA-ZONE (tricky, we know!) we are contributing members of the Open Source community and love to share our technological advances with everyone across the world! This year so far you may have seen members of teams speak at QCon New York, FullStack London, React JS Girls London (Hosted), ServerlessDays London / Milan, CodeMesh London, O'Reilly Software Architecture Conference London, CodeMotion Madrid + more. In the upcoming months, DAZN will be speaking at Codemash Ohio, Women in IT Awards London and React Europe Paris just to name a few.
Don’t have an up to date CV? That’s cool with us - send over what you got, and we can sort that out together.