What's your new role about?
We are looking for an experienced individual to join our MCR team based in Bangor, Northern Ireland. You will need to be able to work in a challenging environment ensuring our live operations are uninterrupted and run smoothly in line with the terms of our SLA’s. Our work is mission critical, we are on the front line of the company’s global content ingest, pulling in sporting content from across the globe for use on multiple platforms. Our schedules follow global sport calendars, so this position requires the candidate to work days, nights, weekends and public holidays on a shift basis. The ideal candidate will need to prove their ability to work in a busy broadcast environment.
You will join a close-knit team that values the desire to learn over previous experience (though both are ideal). We are also proud that despite the workload, we try and keep a relatively relaxed atmosphere in the MCR. There’s always someone at the kettle, ensuring you’re kept well hydrated during a busy yet fun filled shift in the MCR!
If the above seems like a good fit – we’d love to meet you for an interview.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Downlink of satellite / RF content across both local and remote ingest hubs
- Management of IP contribution circuits
- Complete routing and switching of events based on internal booking system
- Providing first line support for any issues that arise, following up with Suppliers to establish a RC
- Provide training and mentorship to junior team members
- Be a key point in the MCR for the testing and sign off of IP & RF sources
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work nights and weekends on a semi-regular basis.
- Considerable experience working in a Broadcast MCR
- Ability to work as a member of a close-knit team.
- Knowledge of satellite delivery, decrypting and decoding
- Experience in use of broadcast equipment such as SA, IRDs, AV / RF routers etc
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Speaking a second language is advantageous.
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- *Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.