What's your new role about?
Want to join the MCR Team at DAZN?
In this role you will ensure the routing for our OTT product is done correctly and that all feeds incoming and outgoing are of the highest quality. When issues inevitably occur, you are expected to troubleshoot to the best of your abilities and report of any impact to service quickly and accurately. Your role will be relatively quiet during the week with a good portion of your time dedicated to reviewing incidents followed by updating documentation and workflows for the future. Working for a sports broadcaster however, you will realise weekends are a different beast – with over 50% of our events all scheduled into the space of two days and tight turnarounds on resources throughout.
You will join a close-knit team that values the desire to learn over previous experience (though both are ideal). We regularly promote internally so this is a wonderful place to start in your DAZN career. We are also proud that despite the workload we try and keep a relatively relaxed atmosphere in the MCR. There’s usually a pot of coffee being passed around the room and an abundance of places within walking distance of the office to take a break for lunch (which is an hour and a half during our standard 12-hour shifts).
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Routing all feeds necessary for smooth delivery of content to the DAZN App.
- Monitoring incoming and outgoing signals to ensure the highest quality to our customers.
- Performing line-ups with on-site contacts and OB teams prior to high profile events.
- Providing first line support for any issues that arise.
- Writing accurate reports on any issues, to be communicated back to the business.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work nights and weekends on a semi-regular basis.
- A minimum of one year of experience in broadcast.
- Basic understanding of broadcast procedures and processes.
- Ability to work as a member of a close-knit team.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Speaking a second language is advantageous.
- Any experience within a sports broadcasting role would be beneficial.
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.