What's your new role about?
Manage the Production of the world’s largest sports event of 2019: The FIBA Basketball World Cup in China!
In this new role within FIBA Media, your first-rate international production operations experience will enable you to confidently take ownership of all production and operational aspects of our events such as the FIBA Basketball World Cup and other major National Team Competitions. You’ll get to play your part in off-site production of over 500 live games per year.
Co-ordinating with FIBA Media content team, you will be key to the delivery of multiple Live World Feeds, additional content such as magazine shows and digital marketing content including features and data videos for multiple broadcast and digital platforms.
You’ll devise and subsequently manage the master production and logistics scheduling and oversee operational production budgets based on logistics, timings and estimated costs. You’ll manage all budget aspects related to the delivery of content through all distribution channels.
As your base is our Feltham office it’s essential due to the nature of the hours that you can arrange your journey to and from work outside of public transport hours.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Creating production operational budgets for all events and additional content
- Production management of live OB production, live transmission, content creation and additional content projects
- Producing call sheets, rotas and risk assessments for all events
- Producing freelance and facility provider contracts
- Ensuring that the production runs to schedule at all times
- Setting up and reviewing processes and workflows within the department
- Travelling to major events when required
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- 10-15 years’ experience in international on-site production of live sports broadcast
- Extensive experience in content production for multi-platform distribution
- Experience of working in various remote countries with a network of industry contacts
- Experience in project and budget management
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- European and/or Mandarin languages would be an advantage
- Understanding of content management systems and delivery of digital content
- Department: FIBA Media
- Reports To: Senior Production Manager
- Career Level: CL3
- Country and Location: Feltham, UK
- Hours of Work: 37.5, Monday to Friday (evening, weekend work and international travel in line with sporting events may be required)
- Line Management Responsibility: No
- Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life Assurance and pension contributions up to 5%.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
HERE’S A BIT MORE ABOUT US
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
For FIBA, FIBA Media manage and exploit worldwide media rights to all national team events and take the lead in defining and managing all aspects of content production and distribution. DAZN is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com, Sporting News and Spox.com.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Apple, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.